Chickens Combs Disappeared!?

6 chickens - 3 pictures. I took pics of the ones that still have combs. Would it be more helpful to take pics of the ones that didn't have combs? I figured a diagnosis would come from the ones that had the small combs. They were much bigger prior to this happening. Do we have a possible diagnosis?

6 chickens - 3 pictures. I took pics of the ones that still have combs. Would it be more helpful to take pics of the ones that didn't have combs? I figured a diagnosis would come from the ones that had the small combs. They were much bigger prior to this happening. Do we have a possible diagnosis?

Well since the title is about the ones without combs then yes pics of those birds please.

Just spoke to a doctor that specializes in chickens graduated from Cornell. Glad I spoke to him he said chicken don’t stop laying for 8 month periods, unless a nutritional deficiency or illness. It isn’t deficiency, he said a virus rolled through effected the whole flock and damaged the reproductive tract. They will never let again if they haven’t already. So thanks for the replies and help, and if anyone is running into similar issue and the common fixes aren’t working or make any sense - maybe this thread will help you and I can provide this doctors number.

Just spoke to a doctor that specializes in chickens graduated from Cornell. Glad I spoke to him he said chicken don’t stop laying for 8 month periods, unless a nutritional deficiency or illness. It isn’t deficiency, he said a virus rolled through effected the whole flock and damaged the reproductive tract. They will never let again if they haven’t already. So thanks for the replies and help, and if anyone is running into similar issue and the common fixes aren’t working or make any sense - maybe this thread will help you and I can provide this doctors number.

Did he say what virus it was?
What part of the country are you in?

That may help others in the area.

Back
Top Bottom