Chickens do not hatch one day, and lay eggs the next ...

twigg

Cooped up
11 Years
Mar 2, 2008
Tulsa
Although some of the *Agricultural* stores around here seem to think they do.

I live in Tulsa, and need help finding a good feed merchant.

Atwoods are ok, but a drive, and they want to sell 40lb bags to make it as difficult as possible to compare costs. Their RanchPro brand seems ok, but it's not cheap.

Booster Mills never have stock when you go in, and today sold me a bag of what they said was *Growers Crunbles*, but what the bag says is Layers Pellets. I will open it later and see what is actually inside, but have no way of testing the protein content.

Southern Agriculture are useless. They have a complet 50 yard aisle selling every kind of wild bird feed imaginable, and several aisles of stoopid toys ..... In the chicken feed part they have half a dozen bags of Layena .... fine, once my birds hit 18 weeks, but what about now?

So ... help!

A good feed merchant in Tulsa please, if you know one.

Best of luck. You can try getting a bag of "flock raiser" or "game bird feed" as those won't have high calcium like layer. Flock raiser may be a bit low in protein, and game bird feed a bit high though.

I've had an awful time finding chick starter. My TSC has only 5 lb bags for about $4. I found a 50 lb bag today at Southern States, the guy said that they keep plenty in stock.

I found some
smile.png

Lee's Feed Store, just a few miles away.

Nice store, wonderful people and they had just what I needed.

They just gained themselves a regular customer.

Back
Top Bottom