Chickens down with flu like symptoms

orangesplash

Songster
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
My chickens have chest congestion and I can hear cryptic sounds. Also some of them are sneezing. These are a total of 4 chickens. What should I do?

should I give salbutamol or any anti allergy?

I started gentatylosin.

should I give a cough syrup also?

please help.

It sounds like a respiratory disease, which in chickens, are usually chronic for life. They may get better with antibiotics if it is caused by a bacteria, such as the type that causes mycoplasma or coryza. Viruses and fungal respiratory diseases will not respond to antibiotics. First, is there any swelling of the eyelids or face, bubbles in eyes, or a bad odor from the face? How is the ventilation inside your coop or housing? Is there any mold or dust? I recall that you have had other chickens who had either Newcastles or another respiratory disease.

It sounds like a respiratory disease, which in chickens, are usually chronic for life. They may get better with antibiotics if it is caused by a bacteria, such as the type that causes mycoplasma or coryza. Viruses and fungal respiratory diseases will not respond to antibiotics. First, is there any swelling of the eyelids or face, bubbles in eyes, or a bad odor from the face? How is the ventilation inside your coop or housing? Is there any mold or dust? I recall that you have had other chickens who had either Newcastles or another respiratory disease.
Yes there were chickens that I got from outside and they brought new castle.
Right now, there is no swelling of the eyelids and face and neither is there a bad odor.
Should I crop feed these chickens? Though they are eating. Actually the weather suddenly changed here, first it sunny and then suddenly it started raining with cold winds so I think the weather has caused this. What should I do?

Back
Top Bottom