Chickens eat mice?

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

That is too cute. Would love to see a video of that!

I had a blue polish who was good for catching mice. How he would spot them I do not know. On several occasions I saw him with a baby one.

Ok, new question for those of you with mouse eating chickens. . . do they poop out the bones, like Owls do?

I don't believe they do. I think the bones just get ground up in thier crops, just like egg shells and oyster shell, and get recycled into new egg shells.

I found a mouse in the water bucket this morning. Once I got Vern the rooster to notice the activity in the bucket, it was all over for the mouse. Poured it out and the chickens spent part of the morning is a rousing game of keep away with their mouse. Maybe that's why they spend so much time in the stable. They are guarding the feeder from theiving mice.

My girls will eat small frogs; they hold 'em by a leg and bang 'em on the ground, then swallow 'em. does that soften the frog?!

I have to admit that I've never observed the whole process . . . it's just one of those odd things that grosses me out.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom