Chickens feather Wings breaking and thinning out

Schwartzlinda

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 7, 2016
Lenoir, NC
I have several hens that there main wing feathers breaking and thinning out. I've got dust bath and dusted them. Got rid of aggressive rooster but some are still looking bad. They are laying great. Is there a specific parasite that attack's wing feathers? They have all been treated with DE. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have several hens that there main wing feathers breaking and thinning out. I've got dust bath and dusted them. Got rid of aggressive rooster but some are still looking bad. They are laying great. Is there a specific parasite that attack's wing feathers? They have all been treated with DE. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Pictures of the birds?

I'd use Permethrin Dust for Mites. DE does nothing.

I have attached some pictures. Waiting for upload.

Attachments

• IMG_20210612_194805049.jpg
    IMG_20210612_194805049.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 12
When did you get rid of the rooster? One possibility is, if he left recently, it might be damage from him. My understanding is that it takes a while for the feathers to grow back from damage, possibly not until the next molt.

We got rid of our rooster on Monday so it's only been 5 days. I hope it's from the rooster and nothing else. My girls have just started to settle down now. He was a large rooster and the girls he was bother are small. Thank you for your comments.

Back
Top Bottom