Roosters wings feather damage? Rash? Fungus?Uncertain

KurochkaRyaba

Chirping
Apr 4, 2023
Hello, I’m hoping to maybe get an opinion on my little dUccle rooster, he’s got something going on with both wings, same spot - theres some feather damage and kind of red raw skin that concerns me beyond typical feather picking/pecking from other chickens. I don’t really see him get in fights with my other boys, they mostly ignore him. I see him mount hens twice his size so I don’t think he’s getting beat up by hens either, so I can’t quite think he’s been pecked on both wings so severely in the same spot. He’s acting totally normal but I don’t want this to be a fungus or something that might get worse or spread to other birds. For now I’ve been smearing some neosporin on both wings. Compared to a couple of my girls who have been the boys favorites this roos skin is much more red and irritated and to me doesn’t look like typical feather picking. It just looks off to me and has me worried.

Also, hes got a very dry run and coop, plenty of sand for dirt bathing, he’s about a year old, located in the high desert of NV.

CD69D38B-2A0F-43B2-A10B-49ADC9520952.jpeg
5BBBE67D-1C1A-4FC8-A294-DA48ACEF6763.jpeg
18DFD5BC-1D4E-47EB-8F16-03D852D92577.jpeg

The thought crossed my mind…hmm, the other boys are silkies and about twice his size so maybe so but I’ve only seen the top two roos fight a little and they both ignore him and the other silkie roo doesn’t seem to fight with anybody. Does seem like the most likely cause I guess. I’ll have to watch for that. Better than other alternatives. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom