Chickens feet are very pink...Its freezing cold here, but is that normal. ?

Juju2773

Songster
Apr 10, 2020
A few of my hens have very pink feet, is this normal? Most are molting pretty badly and it is freezing cold here. Is this just from the cold temperatures or should I be concerned. ?

Attachments

• 20211127_151438.jpg
    20211127_151438.jpg
    817.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211127_151426.jpg
    20211127_151426.jpg
    898.3 KB · Views: 9
Do they seem to be in pain? Make sure they have unfrozen water and a dry coop. Feed them some cracked corn and check to see if they have any signs of frostbite.

They seem to be normal acting. Just the pink only started when the Temps started dtopping

Do they seem to be in pain? Make sure they have unfrozen water and a dry coop. Feed them some cracked corn and check to see if they have any signs of frostbite.
They have a bucket warmer to keep their water from freezing and seem normal. They do seem to be a bit cold because some are molting and missing a lot of feathers

Sweaters are dangerous under normal circumstances, but I have friends who have had good experiences with sweaters while their birds were molting. It's a desperate move, but it usually works.

Sweaters are dangerous under normal circumstances, but I have friends who have had good experiences with sweaters while their birds were molting. It's a desperate move, but it usually works.
Growing pin feathers are already 'uncomfortable', putting a sweater over them could be excruciating.

They do seem to be a bit cold because some are molting and missing a lot of feathers
Missing this many feathers?
1638312824999.png

it is freezing cold here
Just how many degrees(please denote C or F) below freezing?

Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1638312921921.png

Back
Top Bottom