Chickens Galore in Norco, Ca

veglover

In the Brooder
7 Years
Feb 4, 2012
Upland/Ontario, Ca
Hey guys!

Has anyone visited or purchased birds from Chickens Galore in Norco, Ca? I'm interested in getting some standard and specialty breed layer chicks (welsummer, gold laced wyandotte, easter eggers, ameraucanas, blue/lavender orpingtons, anaconas, silkies, blue hamburg, & blue andalusians). I don't necessarily want all of those breeds but, a few would do.

Also, I am super open to purchasing these pullets from any other reputable, recommended breeder within the oc, los angeles, and san bernardino county areas (I live in Upland, Ca right now).

Any information is good information!

I just got two chicks from Chickens Galore (a little Copper Maran and a Light Brahma). I was passing through Norco after visiting family and wanted to check it out. I was there late so didnt have a chance to go to the back where their hens and breeders are, so I can't vouch for that side of the operation, but the set up for the chicks (hatching to six weeks) was very clean and the birds seemed well cared for and healthy. They had an amazing selection of breeds (including lots of marans) and it took all my willpower to restrict myself to only 2 birds. The two I got are thus far healthy and growing fast (and eager for their quarentine time to be up so they can move outdoors with the rest of my flock.) I have also been curious about Dare2Dream Farms (definitely a cool website) and would love to visit their farm sometime and see their operation. We did get hens from Blacksmith Corner in Lakewood a few years back, they had respiratory issues and took some time to bring back to health. On return trips I noticed that many of their birds seemed to have similar problems, I hope that they have been able to resolve this.

I am happy to report that all of my birds (french black copper maran, gold laced wyandotte, brahma, blue ameraucana, and brown leghorn) from Chickens Galore started out happy and healthy and have stayed that way since we first picked them up. The owner is extremely helpful and patient and keeps a very clean facility. Sorry I am updating this so late!

Mine from Chickens Galore were older chicks about 7-9 weeks old fully feathered. I got them in August. I did no quarantine period and all were just fine. I combined them with 8 other chicks we already had of the same age range. Here they are on New Years Day.
Blue Red Laced Wyandotte

Cochin

Blue Copper Marans

Blue Red Laced Wyandotte

Just make sure you get a receipt and in writing that if he sells you a rooster instead of a hen, he will replace it at no cost to you. Apparently, he is notorious for doing the bait and switch and then telling his customers who come back with a rooster he sold them, that they're out of luck. Just read the reviews and tips on Yelp about him to make sure you protect yourself. I'd hate for your little one to be disappointed like mine were.

Gosh, I bought chicks from him years ago! They were all beautiful and lived long lives . I still have a California White that lays occasionally.

Thanks GardeNerd! I appreciate the quick response and the feedback! I definitely need to join the Los Angeles Chicken Enthusiasts. I will keep everyone updated on my experience at Chickens Galore.

Any more feedback on Chickens Galore? I'm looking to add to my flock as well - I've been checking into Dare 2 Dream but they sure are hard to get in touch with : ( and vaccinated does seem like a good idea...

Back
Top Bottom