Chickens Galore in Norco, Ca

Dishonest!!! Don't shop here! Unfortunately, I only read the reviews and missed the "tips" on yelp (still trying to figure out how to write a review on here so I can warn others). I drove 45 minutes to his house where he sells chickens on the written (text) and verbal (phone) agreement he would provide 8-10 blue egg laying and sex link hens. I posted the picture of our text under the businesses pictures as proof. When I got there, not only did he say he did not have ANY laying hens available, he raised the price of the older chicks (blue layers) to $25. The heartless nature of this man was evident after I explained that I am a single mother of five children and the only reason I had driven the distance was because all of our chickens had been killed the day before while free ranging and my children were heartbroken. The highlight of their days is checking the coop throughout the day for eggs and love to guess what colors they might find. They were SO excited when I told them I was going to get more hens (especially when they learned I was bringing home blue layers. When I explained this to him, and that I expected him to at least honor his price for the blue egg pullets that weren't even going to lay for months, he refused. He knew I wasn't willing to go home empty handed to my children and he intended to capitalize on it. Several times he tried to trick me into purchasing more by saying he would throw in an extra chick if I purchased more. Eventually he agreed to sell me 4 at the price of 3 and when I had them all picked out acted like he hadn't JUST made the offer and told me he would only honor it if I purchased six. He also originally showed me which ones he was willing to sell for $16.00 and then when I would choose the chickens he would tell me the ones I had picked were actually the $25.00 chicks. I was there for over an hour just trying to get him to honor his word and stick to a price he had just quoted. When I told him I wasn't happy with what he'd done he then refused to even sell me the chicks telling me he didn't want someone to leave unhappy with what they purchased. I told him there was NO WAY I was going to come home to my babies empty handed, and that if ANY other place was open (it was already after 8pm by that time) trust me, I would definitely go somewhere else. I even made SEVERAL calls while there, to find ANY place open that I could go with no luck. The weird part is he kept repeating the phrase "look, it's not like I lured youhere uunder false pretenses" over and over again, while I was trying to explain that's EXACTLY what he did. Twice by text I asked how much his LAYERS were and after our phone conversation he completely lied. In a last ditch effort to get him to show a fraction of decency and integrity I asked if he would give me a $3.00 discount toward my gas which was met with a flat out "no" I really can't believe this guy is still in business. Even his coops are sub par. He was putting one together when I got there and I watched him glue and use only two diagonal screws to assemble the corners. I built better out of scraps from my garage.

I took my 5 year old daughter down there to see his operation. He was very kind, answered all of our questions, took us on a tour, and allowed my daughter to pet the Silkies. We are about to get 5 chickens and we will be getting them from him. He has a very clean operation with over a 1000 birds and about every species you could want. We are looking at Golden Wyandottes, Silver-Laced Wyandottes, Easter Eggers, Barred Rock, and Black australorps. We should have our run finished next week so we can get our birds.

Just make sure you get a receipt and in writing that if he sells you a rooster instead of a hen, he will replace it at no cost to you. Apparently, he is notorious for doing the bait and switch and then telling his customers who come back with a rooster he sold them, that they're out of luck. Just read the reviews and tips on Yelp about him to make sure you protect yourself. I'd hate for your little one to be disappointed like mine were.

When you arrive, park to the side of his garage. Ask him to see his operation. Engage him in small talk. He is a nice enough fellow. I really enjoyed talking to him.

We stopped in on Aug 7th. We were there for silkies and maybe a Frizzle. We were able to find what we were looking for. It was a Thursday when we went and I was not aware of his hours before heading to his place. We were on our way back to Las Vegas when we stopped in and he made the effort to get someone over to open everything up just so we could make our purchase. I understand some people have had an unpleasant experience but that was not the case for us. Our experience was good and I believe his operation was clean and pretty well organized. I would recommend Chickens Galore.

I went there about a year ago for our first chickens. We were excited to see that they said they had over 30 different breeds. I was new to this (and still am) so I didn't think to confirm what breeds were available. They only had three. They were very nice and very helpful, though. One of the men working for him taught my wife how to clip the wings and even had her do one. We got two of each breed: White Leghorns, Buff Orpingtons, and New Hampshires. One of the Buffs got a broken leg pretty early. The others were great and healthy. WL's lay an egg a day and the NH's usually have also. One of our NH's got an infected crop and didn't make it recently, but we have had her a year. Anyway, they seemed pretty honest, to me and I might go back for a few more within the next few days, but I will call first to see what they have! Overall, I was happy with their service.

I got a couple of 3 month old barnvelders, asked for pullets. He wasnt available but his worker helped me with them. A few months later I realized they were cockerels. I called and explained, and Russell was nice enough to take them back and do an exchange. Hes an honest and reasonable guy.

We bought 5 hens from them on Sunday. Russell and Carlos were super cool. They helped us with our questions. We ended up buying 2 Barred Rocks 2 Golden Wyandottes, and 1 Buff Orpington. They are all about 5-6 weeks old. They are all vaccinated, which is cool. I would highly recommend them.

Back
Top Bottom