Chickens Having Issues Bending Leg

Cyber

Chirping
Feb 2, 2019
I have quite a large flock of chickens, and for a while now (~2 weeks) one of our older hens (Georgette) has been having trouble bending one of her legs, and it's causing her a lot of trouble moving. We first thought that she'd simply sprained her leg, and it should heal after a while, but recently a second, much younger, hen (Houdini/Hendini) has developed that problem as well, so now we aren't so sure.

Summary: Two adult hens can't bend one of their legs easily, had it for 2 weeks and 1 day respectively, not sure if it's coincidence or some disease.

(Note: It doesn't seem to be Bumblefoot or eggbound)

What's older? Could be arthritis. What type of roosts?
About 4 years old, and they very determinedly love to perch on our porch fence. The younger one is a little under a year old.

Also, the older one is an Isa Brown/Silkie mix, and the younger is Isa Brown/Silkie/Araucana.

Well, I now think it's likely just a coincidence that these problems happened at the same time, Hendini just hurt her leg somehow, but Georgette is plain and simply dying. She's been a pretty good hen in the time we've had her, but we think we might need to put her down. :( Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions.

We've been keeping Georgette inside, giving her some painkiller.

I got some video of Hendini having issues walking, has anybody seen this before?

Back
Top Bottom