Chickens in the Creek!

Hotspurious

Songster
7 Years
Dec 10, 2012
Walnut Creek, CA that is...
tongue.png

Just getting into the game having nearly completed our backyard "Coop-torian" (our Victorian
styled redwood coop). With some eggs ID'd for order and an incubator on hand, my 9 yr old
daughter's excitement level increases daily.

Chicken breed interests:
  • Easter Eggers
  • Copper Marans
  • Vorwerks ("Golden Lakenvelder")

No surprises, right? Well, perhaps the Vorwerks are a bit off the beaten track, I suppose...

We're targeting Feb/Mar for the eggs. The neighborhood has 3 other backyard flocks so I'm
not without some local assistance. Nevertheless, thanks in advance to any and all for your
comments, insights, and assistance. Your experience is much appreciated.

Next stop: The Newbies section! (Yeehaw!)

Hey neighbor!! I'm over in Pittsburgh CA! But my chickens are illegal >_< but you will find this site a great place for advice and opinions. :) and I look forward to seeing how things go. If you are ever in the market for some really interesting breeds let me know, I have some due to hatch as I am participating in the NYD hatch along!! Anyways, good luck!! ;)

Illegal in [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pittsburgh? Really? I guess its illegal in WC as well, actually... Sometimes its good to be in county. [/FONT]
wee.gif

I'm sure my interests will wander after the first round of layers, so 'interesting breeds' may indeed be of interest
at some point.

Thx!

Back
Top Bottom