Chickens in the Snow!!

Ilovemyladies!

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 10, 2011
Hills of Kentucky
Post your pictures of your flock in the winter weather!!
smile.png

61937_img_0013.jpg

We haven't had a lot of snow yet, so I have not had to shovel paths. But this was our first this year and it took some of them a second to get out of the coop! Weenies!!!

wink.png

We had a light snow yesterday. When I went out to let The Girls out of the coop, they backed up on the ramp. This is as far as they went.

backup-at-the-ramp.jpg

Until I tossed some leaves in the snow. Silly chickens.

chickens-snow.jpg

lol.png
I laugh at chicken antics in snow. So I tried walking in the snow barefooted and the chickens laughed at me! I lasted about one minute before making a beeline back to the house.

I can hear them now:

Askew: Check out theoldchick's toes!

Marie: I think they are a pretty shade of blue.

Jennifer who puffs her chest: I need a toenail snack. Anybody else want a toenail?

Crazy Comb Shirley tosses her comb over her right eye: What is she doing?

Askew raises her head in alarm: I've never seen her waddle that fast! Look at her go!

Morse Code stops pecking the rock: She's going back into her coop!

Stan the Man: Hey! You! You forgot the snacks! Oh, man, I so want to flog her but she has that handy grabber thingy. Maybe if I crow she'll come back.

Big Sister saunters past him: Oh, Stan. Shut up. I'm going to lay my egg.

Little Sister hesitates in her preening: Egg? Somebody said, 'egg'? EGG! SOMEBODY IS GOING TO LAY AN EGG! EVERYBODY SING ALONG WITH ME!

At least all that clucking was about the egg and not me running back in the house for my shoes.

Back
Top Bottom