Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC, I am so glad you are back. While I may not engage too much in the humor, I do appreciate it. I just have to be careful about visiting this thread when I am on conference calls or in meetings as I have had inexplicable outbursts of laughter or spraying Coke on my monitor...I just blame it on PBA...

I got my first egg from my "Fancy EEs" today. I am not disappointed!

This is the girl that laid it:

And her mama's egg is the paler green one to the right.

Nice looking eggs, and I have an EE hen that looks very similar
thumbsup.gif

I will be hit or miss for the next week or so. Joaquin wreaked havoc on my jobsite, and it will take us a while to dig out of the mud...

Very nice egg, Walnut!! And she is gorgeous!!
love.gif

She is 155 days old...22 weeks...so not too bad for LF cross. And it's a full sized egg! There is another pullet the same age, she should be starting soon, and the next fancy EE set is due to start around 10/21 then the rest around 11/6.

I still have a cockerel or two in there. I need to hunt them down. My big roo was so funny when I put his crow collar on, he thought he was dying. He ran backwards in the coop, crashing into everything, then laid on the floor with his neck stretched out as if dead. The hens came up, pecked at him, scratched at him, and treated him like carrion.

Two days later he is fine with the presence of the collar, I just need to snug it up a bit.

I need something. A two hour meeting today on one of the most mind numbing topics ever almost did me in. Sometimes I think I really need to re-evaluate my career choice.
big_smile.png
But all jobs have the boring days.

a cold one just fixed me right up and all I did was put fresh dirt in a run . it was real good though .
thumbsup.gif
dirt that is . don't mind me I don't drink much.
lau.gif
I'm a real cheap date . and real easy.

Ok, I have a question for Y'all.

I have a small breeding group of SLW I have been selling eggs from. Same that created the chicks I posted earlier. I have been raising 4 Lavender Wyandottes all summer and I think they are laying eggs now.

I want to put the lavs (self blue) in with the SLW roo and pullets. I know the eggs will look the same, but what about the chicks? The chicks from the lavs will be split for lav. I know they won't be lav. But will they be black? All black? The lav wyandottes were built off of lav to black birds.

What I don't want is all SLW looking chicks. That would be worthless to me since I need to breed split to split later.

I guess I could do the food coloring in the vent trick.

should be an interesting cross I'm crossing gold to silver just because I don't have enough pens . I would think its going to be hard to tell the difference . good luck with that. I have chicks that look all SLW and will have to grow out to see what they look grown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom