Chickens In Ya Window

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    It's small enough that it should pass on its own, it's just taking its sweet time

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

I'm glad you stayed, it was a blast... if we weren't worried about the dang chickens sitting so long it woulda been better... Jim wants to go now, so looks like we're going again this Sat... just for the auction though, not bringing anything... he does want to keep hatching now though... says we'll just take the extras over there... doesn't care if they go for less as long as we can get rid if the unwanted ones, lol...

Ouch!! :gig

No doubt!! :lau

3. sideWing

sideWing Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2015
    Utah
    9 and 10!? How old were they? That's a great price. No wonder my 2 month old roos have been selling in 15 min on CL. I sell them for $2 each.

[​IMG]

4. More brew lots and lots more brew wash that sucker out. also heard Rum works well .only had one in my life that I know of . it was huge with a sharp edge. started passing blood on the job . scared the heck out of me and then the pain set in . all this in the middle of ten trucks of concrete with one helper on the job didn't think was going to make it to the doctor. took three days to pass . been worried about you and drank a couple this weekend just for good measure . which is a lot for me . hope you get back to your self soon .can't believe a grain of sand knocked the stuffing out of a big ole teddy bear . [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Rightfully so - it's heard about the 'Roto Rooter Man'. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    I'm sure she has one of her she can look at anytime!!! ;)

O mahhh gaww!!! :lau :gig......:oops:

1 person likes this.
  7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop

[​IMG]

Yep.....

2 people like this.
  8. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

To see a World in a Grain of Sand 
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, 
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand 
    And Eternity in an hour.

-William Blake, Auguries of Innocence

Ever since you said it was the size of a grain of sand, this has been stuck in my head... bet you've seen a whole new world now...

They were about 5 months old, I think... at least 4-5 months... they were nice looking boys too... but I couldn't sell them on CL for 5 bucks... :/

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I am amazed with those temp ummmmm spasms!!!

ha ha ha cute! and my friend thought I was nuts when I had a curtain in my coop!

oh man![​IMG] so tell me, did you only do one of Sally Sunshines prescription <taps foot>

10. they were hatched in April and May I guess. they were my culls I kept one marans roo . and I'm sure I lost money. once I can get set up to free range more . feed cost should drop . the ten week old ones brought six . A good livestock sale barn is very important in a farming operation .other than the fact it took all day . these people do alright for us . Might have done better if I had put less to a box . we had a paper called the traders post . I sold things through that . horses calves cars trucks. whatever and hated doing it . never sold on CL but need to sell some stuff so guess I'll give it a try . but all my stock sells through the sale barn. If Rayvn wasn't there I would've dropped off the chickens and sent my wife to get the check while I did other things. .

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by