Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So back to the Brinsea...

The PO tried to fix a bad motor by installing a generic turner motor. The generic motor is AC, where the original was DC. The turner voltage switches properly with the mode buttons. Two minor problems...

The original DC motor was powered by the controller board, and would reverse polarity on a timer to move the trays up and down on a really strange threaded rod design. The AC motor constantly turns in one direction, making it totally incapable of reversing when the trays reach the limit of rotation. And the shaft on the motor is just long enough to barely join the threaded coupler.

Brinsea doesn't have weekend hours so I have to try to wait somewhat patiently until Monday to call and see if a motor is available.

When it comes to parts availability, GQF wins hands down.

So back to the Brinsea...

The PO tried to fix a bad motor by installing a generic turner motor. The generic motor is AC, where the original was DC. The turner voltage switches properly with the mode buttons. Two minor problems...

The original DC motor was powered by the controller board, and would reverse polarity on a timer to move the trays up and down on a really strange threaded rod design. The AC motor constantly turns in one direction, making it totally incapable of reversing when the trays reach the limit of rotation. And the shaft on the motor is just long enough to barely join the threaded coupler.

Brinsea doesn't have weekend hours so I have to try to wait somewhat patiently until Monday to call and see if a motor is available.

When it comes to parts availability, GQF wins hands down.

You stuck on that thing .I thought you were going hunting anyhow . You do realize your busting SC bubble.
gig.gif
I should have got two hundred screws . The hatcher has so many I've used the whole bag and haven't changed them all. I need thirty more I bet . One bag of short ones was all they had .I could go to Lowes and buy them four for a dollar. I found out along time ago not to try and clean screws time better spent somewhere else . Good thing about living here If they don't have it here then they have it in Nashville or Franklin or there as three other fastener company's . Yesterday I was in all three cities . Its almost a normal day for me . So I'll just have to wait till Monday to get them . If I can get the back on I can start running it. I'm stuck on how to cover the vents with screens without screws . This one and the other one like it have six inch and a quarter vents in the back . The other one only has two .So I'm a little stuck right now. I'll work on something else just shake the hat and see what I pull out .

You stuck on that thing .I thought you were going hunting anyhow . You do realize your busting SC bubble.
gig.gif
I should have got two hundred screws . The hatcher has so many I've used the whole bag and haven't changed them all. I need thirty more I bet . One bag of short ones was all they had .I could go to Lowes and buy them four for a dollar. I found out along time ago not to try and clean screws time better spent somewhere else . Good thing about living here If they don't have it here then they have it in Nashville or Franklin or there as three other fastener company's . Yesterday I was in all three cities . Its almost a normal day for me . So I'll just have to wait till Monday to get them . If I can get the back on I can start running it. I'm stuck on how to cover the vents with screens without screws . This one and the other one like it have six inch and a quarter vents in the back . The other one only has two .So I'm a little stuck right now. I'll work on something else just shake the hat and see what I pull out .

Silicone works well. Just run a narrow bead around the hole and press the wire in.

I sent hubby up hunting so I can work on the incubator and get some chores done.

Last edited:
I need a bigger incubator room.

And my avatar chick:

Now looks like this:

I think you need a bigger bathroom.
gig.gif
turned out nice. do you think she will lay blue eggs? DW asked how many eggs the GQFs would incubate at one time . when I told her she wanted to know where I was going to get that many eggs . I said I needed more Hens and bigger hen houses . I got a look that would melt steel .I told her one was going to be sold after it was cleaned up and working good. she wanted to know if that would be next week and what was I waiting on . you think she might be upset with me a little.
idunno.gif

I think you need a bigger bathroom. :gig turned out nice. do you think she  will lay blue eggs? DW asked how many eggs the GQFs would incubate at one time . when I told her she wanted to know where I was going to get that many eggs . I said I needed more Hens and bigger hen houses . I got a look that would melt steel .I told her one was going to be sold after it was cleaned up and working good. she wanted to know if that would be next week and what was I waiting on . you think she might be upset with me a little.:idunno

Awe! Poor guy!

My hubby is crying for another incubator... I told him i really only need a dedicated Hatcher, and more chicken coops... He says hes on it :D

Awe! Poor guy!

My hubby is crying for another incubator... I told him i really only need a dedicated Hatcher, and more chicken coops... He says hes on it :D

:highfive: Awesome! You must take good care of that man ;)

I think you need a bigger bathroom. :gig turned out nice. do you think she  will lay blue eggs? DW asked how many eggs the GQFs would incubate at one time . when I told her she wanted to know where I was going to get that many eggs . I said I needed more Hens and bigger hen houses . I got a look that would melt steel .I told her one was going to be sold after it was cleaned up and working good. she wanted to know if that would be next week and what was I waiting on . you think she might be upset with me a little.:idunno

Well lets see... I think we need to find that pill that we all swallowed and give her some. Then she might be as addicted as we are! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom