Chickens In Ya Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do tell. . .

And enjoy your lights. That's on my bucket list.
No lights to see as yet.

Bone in ribeye hot smoked at 350 to medium rare over oak and mesquite, served with hash browns.

DH is on his way home from work after a 14 1/2 hour day, way too many of those, so making the same for him but with baked potato and bleu cheese.

No lights to see as yet.

Bone in ribeye hot smoked at 350 to medium rare over oak and mesquite, served with hash browns.

DH is on his way home from work after a 14 1/2 hour day, way too many of those, so making the same for him but with baked potato and bleu cheese.

D@mn, you are good!!

Natural or did you take classes??? :gig

I developed a passion for good food early. I worked at a couple of chain restaurants and a couple of pizza places and learned how not to make food, but learned the tools of the trade. Mostly I got tired of eating expensive mediocre meals in restaurants and when I said I could make it better than THAT, DH took me up on it. I am glad he did, because after a few major flops, the successes started coming.

With success comes confidence. That first Thanksgiving Dinner I cooked for my in-laws was one of the most stressful days of my life. But now I do Thanksgiving Dinner for 20+ with one or two of our turkeys, and a table full of sides, and it's no sweat now. This is Thanksgiving Dinner #29. I don't even look at the cookbook anymore for most of the dishes.

The turning point was the day I realized I could read a recipe and taste the seasonings in my head so I could tweak them to my tastes without making it "wrong" first.

I developed a passion for good food early.  I worked at a couple of chain restaurants and a couple of pizza places and learned how not to make food, but learned the tools of the trade.  Mostly I got tired of eating expensive mediocre meals in restaurants and when I said I could make it better than THAT, DH took me up on it.  I am glad he did, because after a few major flops, the successes started coming.

With success comes confidence.  That first Thanksgiving Dinner I cooked for my in-laws was one of the most stressful days of my life.  But now I do Thanksgiving Dinner for 20+ with one or two of our turkeys, and a table full of sides, and it's no sweat now.  This is Thanksgiving Dinner #29.  I don't even look at the cookbook anymore for most of the dishes.

The turning point was the day I realized I could read a recipe and taste the seasonings in my head so I could tweak them to my tastes without making it "wrong" first.

Amen. Same here, being able to taste something, know what's in it, and how to improve it is something hard to teach, just ask my daughter watching me wiggle my fingers at the spice cupboard and make gastronomic magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom