Chickens left face and comb is swollen

Tribalchickens

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2017
Our charity chicken has had a swollen left side of her face and comb for some time and monitoring shows no sign of improvement...
She is happy and healthy in every other way and laying too...
Yet we cannot pinpoint the problem,
Any help
20170705_152233.jpg
20170705_152236.jpg
much appreciated!!!!
Thanks to you chicken lovers!

Welcome to BYC!
I am sorry she is giving you this trouble.

What is the black/brown stuff in her mouth?

Is it a scab?

Have you opened her mouth to see if anything looks "off" in there?

No we havent, will try catch her again once she is back in the coop. Anything else we should look for at the same time? as she isnt too keen on being handled.

Usually being pecked/injury can cause swelling, but so can infection.
Is she sneezing or coughing?

Nothing else is wrong and the swelling has increased slowly within the week and doesnt look like its stopping. She has no problem with eating, breathing or moving. She has no visible injuries to her face. It has not became red but more pale.

I just noticed today that my chickens face and comb are swollen as well, both sides, but mine does not look like she feels well at all. Her comb and face are also becoming pale. She is out and about but definitely slow and keeping her distance from the other chickens. Not sure what is going on with her.

Hello. Sorry haven't posted the information yet. We have been having storms all morning and she has been loving it out in the dirt in the heavy rain! It hasn't stopped her haha

Back
Top Bottom