Chickens my new passion

Hi, and welcome to BYC Alejandra! It's so nice to meet you! Please make yourself at home! :)
Thank you for the warm welcome! I feel at home already 😄.
Hello Alejandra! :welcome Please feel free to ask any questions you have about roosters and we’ll answer them.
Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate it. Here are some of my questions;
- 3 silk chickens to 1 silk rooster is that okay if I want to keep him? I’m confused as to the number ratio.
- Does he need to be separated from the chickens? During the day? During the night? Right now they are all together day and night.
-He is not loud at all and doesn’t really crow, is that going to change? He is about 7 months old.
-Does he need his own type of food?
I’m sorry so many questions.

Chickens do have a way of getting into your heart, don't they?

Hope you get your rooster questions answered.

Welcome to BYC!
They do!!! I still don’t know how that happened, they don’t really give me attention like a dog does but somehow they are my fav type of pet now. I don’t have any close friends that owns chickens so I was feeling pretty alone and weird 😆.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I feel at home already 😄.

Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate it. Here are some of my questions;
- 3 silk chickens to 1 silk rooster is that okay if I want to keep him? I’m confused as to the number ratio.
- Does he need to be separated from the chickens? During the day? During the night? Right now they are all together day and night.
-He is not loud at all and doesn’t really crow, is that going to change? He is about 7 months old.
-Does he need his own type of food?
I’m sorry so many questions.
1.) Yes, it will probably be alright.
2.) No need to separate them.
3.) It may change. Not really a way to know.
4.) He should not be eating food for laying hens. The excess calcium can cause issues. If it’s easier, put the whole flock on “All Flock” feed,, and put oyster shells (as a calcium source) out for the hens.

Back
Top Bottom