Chickens Not Interested in Rattlesnake dinner

If u wouldda cut it open they woulda tore it up. Mine LOVE mud cats, but only if i split the bely open. otherwiss it will lay there until the ants eat it to nothing
I think I'll do that....it's still lying out there; crows haven't found it yet.

I knew it was definitely a state that touched texas or damn close judging by the terrain... If i still had photo bucket i had some pix of some magnums i killed around Del Rio. Snakes & deer lol
Yeah, we're in the southeast corner of Arizona, 50 minutes from Mexico. We live on 80 acres surrounded by thousands of acres of virgin desert, mostly mesquite. I don't shoot them on my walks--the desert is theirs and snakes only travel 3/4 mile in their whole life--but I sure do when they're around my house. Taurus Judge with 410 shot. This one was 4.5' long.

The chickens know what that is, don't really 'see' beheaded so want no part of it!
Cut it open so they can get to the meat, that skin is tough on them. Be careful though that smell will bring coons and other critters in too, don't want to attract them to your chicken coop now.

Aaron
Well, I sliced it's belly open lengthwise and they still skirted it. They're young pullets and have never seen one--inexperienced I guess. I'll toss it back into the desert for the coyotes, javalinas, buzzards, or owls. It won't go to waste tonight....

Back
Top Bottom