Chickens Not Interested in Rattlesnake dinner

Not a bad one. Biggest we ever killed down there was just over 5.5 ft long, had one weekend we had 7 or 8 stretched across a tailgate around aug / sep before cutting food plots

Around here in the swamps weve killed 7 ft ++ long timber rattlers
That's huge! This one was pretty fat, fatter than most I've shot, with 13 rattles.

Ive had rattler...VERY GOOD! Chickens would have definitely eaten it if it were cooked.
I believe you and have heard others say so, too, but guess I'm kinda a weenie on that one....I've shot plenty in my yard, but just can't quite keep my gag reflex down enough to think of eating one. Maybe if someone gave me a bite of one already cooked....
I mostly drive out in the desert (like I did ten minutes ago) and toss them.

You know the snake is big when it's dead, stretched out across the road and hits 2 lanes.

Aaron
Yikes! And they can strike 2/3 the length of their body. I walk barefoot every morning for 2-4 miles in uninhabited desert, but I stay in the middle of the dirt road, out of sneak striking range. Yours coulda got me though!

44 magum with bird shot is a great equalizer when you don't want to have to swing around / carry a shotgun with you. A can of brake fluid and a shot right in the face with it will deter them too, especially aggressive ones who like to chase, like Water Moccasins.

Aaron
There’s one that chase you!? Oh gosh!

I believe you and have heard others say so, too, but guess I'm kinda a weenie on that one....I've shot plenty in my yard, but just can't quite keep my gag reflex down enough to think of eating one. Maybe if someone gave me a bite of one already cooked....
I mostly drive out in the desert (like I did ten minutes ago) and toss them.
Its creepy to watch their skinned bodies try to squirm out of the frying pan or off the grill.
I like it with cajun or Old Bay.

Back
Top Bottom