chickens not laying

JPerch61

Hatching
Jul 22, 2016
Hello chicken people I am new to this site have had chickens for some time but have not went through this experience, I have had 10 laying hens and introduced 15 more now NO hens are laying, What should I do?

Greetings from Kansas and :welcome. Happy you're here. When new birds are introduced its not uncommon for laying to slack off as everyone gets used to each other and the pecking order is reestablished. Plus heat (if it's hot where you are) reduces production. How long since they've stopped? You also might want to post your question here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/18/chicken-behaviors-and-egglaying for additional advice. Good luck to you...hope they turn back on soon!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Adding new birds to your flock cab cause upset as redsoxs has said. Often stress can be the top reason for laying to stop. I hope they pick up again soon for you.

Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

I agree, it is probably the introduction that has caused some stress amongst the hens and made them stop laying. After they've get to know their new flock they will probably start laying again. In the meantime to hurry the process along, you can just make sure that everyone has access to the feeders and waterers, they have enough space and are keeping cool.

Good luck and thanks for joining us!
smile.png

Welcome to Backyard chickens. Hopefully your hens will start laying again soon. I'm sure cooler weather would help but, nothing we can do about that.

Back
Top Bottom