Chickens on antibiotics- eggs need to be discarded, correct?

rodandmicha

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 24, 2011
My little flock will be on Duramycin-10 for the next week, I need to discard the eggs for this period, right? How long do I need to wait until the eggs can be consumed safely again?
Thanks so much!

I didn't find anything about not using the eggs for at least 14 days. Only that it says to not use for more than 14 consecutive days and to not slaughter until 4 days after.
idunno.gif

http://www.drugs.com/vet/duramycin-10.html

I would certainly not take a chance on selling or giving them away for at least 14 days. If you aren't allergic to the drug then it's your choice whether to eat them.

Actually, the link says, not for use in chickens producing eggs for human consumption.

I saw that too on the package, about not for use in chickens who are used for egg production, I just assumed that meant that you can't consume the eggs for a certain period of time, hope I'm right! I guess, I'll wait several weeks before eating the eggs again, what a shame, I get about a dozen and a half/day :-(

Thanks for all your replies though, I just love this forum, never thought there was so much to learn about chickens! What joy it is though!

Back
Top Bottom