Chickens on porch!

jennyann123

Hatching
Oct 27, 2021
My chickens ate free range. Almost too free because everyday I have to clean their poo off my back porch. How do I keep them off my porch without locking them up? Any advice I appreciate

Mine do the exact same thing! Building a perimeter fence around your porch would be the best solution. I don't have the time to build one, so I clap at them when they are on it. The more I do that, the more they stay off the porch because it is an uncomfortable place for them.

I don’t know that you can. Maybe create a new area to explore so they stay off of the porch?
They have so many places to venture. We live in the country with lots of areas to explore. They even visit neighbor daily. Thank you. Looks like they may get their style cramped because this is too much daily. Thanks so much.

They have so many places to venture. We live in the country with lots of areas to explore. They even visit neighbor daily. Thank you. Looks like they may get their style cramped because this is too much daily. Thanks so much.
Maybe they are waiting for you? Mine wait at the run door.

Don't know if it will help, but you might try redirecting by making a nice spot for them to hang out in the yard that provides some of the same benefits as the porch - e.g., sheltered and protected with roosting spots. Then maybe some nice organic material (chopped straw, mulch, leaves) to scratch and dust bathe in. I'd scatter some scratch in it regularly to encourage them to use it.

They know you come from that door, my ladies make a beeline for the run gates every time we open our back slider. They fight over who gets to stand the closest, lol.

My chickens ate free range. Almost too free because everyday I have to clean their poo off my back porch. How do I keep them off my porch without locking them up? Any advice I appreciate
We did a no dig fence around our porch for this very reason.

Attachments

• 5739255688560743537.jpg
    5739255688560743537.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom