Chickens scared of non agressive Roosters ?

Ayem Cemani

In the Brooder
Oct 14, 2016
I have eight Chickens in my flock including 2 roosters and 6 hens. The 4 Ayem Cemani's all get along great, even though 2 of them are roosters. However when I introduced 4 other chickens which I have had for over 5 years, one for 7 years. The older ones all huddle together in a corner. The odd thing is that none of the Cemani's have tried to hurt them. The Roosters have tried to dominate them, but not in an agressive way. I am concerned the older Chickens my starve themselves if they dont integrate with the group.

I want to keep them all in one coop if poss, any suggestions welcome ?.

Last edited:
Put up a partial wall in the middle of the run if possible. Be sure that there are escape routes on both ends. Put a second feed and water station behind that, out of sight of one group.

Then given time, they will work it out.

Mrs K

Put up a partial wall in the middle of the run if possible. Be sure that there are escape routes on both ends. Put a second feed and water station behind that, out of sight of one group. 

Then given time, they will work it out.

Mrs K

Above is sound advice. You can also add hay to run / coop area that everyone can work through. That will distract them from many social concerns as they focus on milling about in the hay.

Back
Top Bottom