Chickens stopped laying

Now that you mention that some of their dropping did look a little runny. No there are not any hidding places to lay eggs.

After looking at the pictures I would say "Ceacal" brown mustard colored.

Did something scare the heck out of them? mine stopped laying for about two weeks when one got attacked by a hawk. seems kind of odd if they all stopped laying at once.

I had had the mites more than once.Seven dust has worked for me as well, but it' so darn messy. I have successfully used permitherin drops on them and it worked too. The best I have found is a little pricey, but I like it well is Ivomec Ivermectin drops on their neck.

Last edited:
The permethrin concentrate works well! (I use Sevin brand) We just follow the directions on the bottle for diluting it, put it in a pump bottle, and spray our birds with it. Just be careful not to get it in their eyes. It works great, and one bottle lasts a really long time. The dust doesn't go very far, is messy to apply, and expensive if you have a large flock.

We had a friend come by to collect eggs for about 3 days. I am not sure if that is what spooked them or not.

It has been a week and we are getting aroung 8-10 eggs a day. Still way off from 28-32. I am puzzled can not find any reason they are not laying. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom