Chickens survived Hurricane Irene - Run did not!!!p

FeistyChikin

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Cove City, NC
Hurricane Irene tore through eastern North Carolina on Saturday. I was so worried about my chickens, but was prepared and locked everybody in their coop with food and water for the day. I never expected the trees near the coop to come crashing down. It was my first hurricane. What an awful thing to watch a tree wobbling back and forth and wondering which direction it will fall. Will it hit the coop or the run or both or maybe miss it all? Well it crushed my little chicken run, but thank God the chickens made it through. There were no eggs that day!!!

Here is the before picture. My beautiful little coop & run.
love.gif

102188_dscn0631.jpg

Here is after Hurricane Irene hit.
somad.gif

102188_dscn0645.jpg

102188_dscn0644.jpg

102188_dscn0643.jpg

sad.png
that is so sad.
I am sorry you lost that sweet little set up. Glad the girls are okay though. I hope that was the extent of the damage and that you and yours are safe and sound.

WHat a miracle your coop survived! I'm sure the hens were shaking in their boots that day! While it's upsetting at the time to see the damage to a beautiful run, it's all fixable. Sorry the tree dropped on the coop.

Close call! Having weathered (pun intended) plenty of hurricanes, this is why I want to cut down the pines in the back. They are the first to fall and take out your house or whatever is around them.

Back
Top Bottom