Chickens vs. Ducks

What do you like more Chickens or Ducks?

• Chickens!

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Ducks!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Lauren Adams

Songster
Oct 29, 2017
MI
Which do you like more? I know I like chickens more than ducks although I have never raised any ducks. In my opinion chickens are better because, they are cuter, less smelly, easier to take care of the reason I say that is you need to train ducks for swimming and stuff, chickens are quieter etc. etc. etc. Let me know what you like more in the comment section and take the poll!! Feel free to take pictures and post them here. Remember no arguing! Debating is allowed just be nice!

I raise both ducks and chickens and I adore both of them, I do agree chickens are probably generally easier to take care of. I'm actually am a first time raiser, so only have chicks and ducklings as of now. However I'd like to point out you do not have to teach ducks to swim, they learn by instinct and my ducklings were swimming strongly at a week old. I find ducks cuter, but I agree that chickens are more calmer and less noisy. I'd probably choose ducklings just because I have so much fun with them but chickens are great too :)! (I own 4 chicks and 4 ducklings)
IMG_20180323_214116.jpg
IMG_20180323_215834.jpg

Going to say ducks. I have both. I love my chickens though and yes they are less messy but they aren't sweet like my ducks. My ducks get so excited to see me no matter what. My chickens don't care if I'm around unless I have treats for them.

I like both. Duckling are messier to brood, but ducks aren't going to tear up your gardens every chance they get. Chickens are more entertaining to watch with all the flock drama, but they can be very destructive. If determined enough, there is no fence that will stop them. Every spring (and all through summer), it's a battle of wills to keep the chickens out of the garden beds.

First time for both. 4 chicks and 3 ducklings. I am finding them to be equally adorable. The ducks are louder and messier but they all have individual personalities. The ducks took to swiming on their own, I never taught them. They now have access to a large container of water all day and swim nightly for an hour in the tub. Then they go back in the brooder to sleep with the chicks. The chicks are curious about the ducks in the tub and they go and watch them from the top of the brooder back. The shower doors are shut when I'm not there. Last night one almost flew into the tub, the mom in me reacted before I even knew what was happening.

Ok I will admit chickens are pretty messy when it comes to yard work ha!
I like both. Duckling are messier to brood, but ducks aren't going to tear up your gardens every chance they get. Chickens are more entertaining to watch with all the flock drama, but they can be very destructive. If determined enough, there is no fence that will stop them. Every spring (and all through summer), it's a battle of wills to keep the chickens out of the garden beds.

I feel like chickens have more of a personality than ducks they are very curios as chicks and as chickens they are still curious but they are very focused on what they want weather it's food wanting to go outside etc. etc. etc. And so much more my Silver Laced Wyandotte named Poppy is about one year old and loves to perch on my shoulder. My Buff Orphington Sunny loves more than anything (other than food) to be outside takeing a dust bath or eating some bug she found. But that is just me and again I have not had ducks soooo I don't know if I should be talking. LOL!

I feel like chickens have more of a personality than ducks they are very curios as chicks and as chickens they are still curious but they are very focused on what they want weather it's food wanting to go outside etc. etc. etc. And so much more my Silver Laced Wyandotte named Poppy is about one year old and loves to perch on my shoulder. My Buff Orphington Sunny loves more than anything (other than food) to be outside takeing a dust bath or eating some bug she found. But that is just me and again I have not had ducks soooo I don't know if I should be talking. LOL!
Oh i guess that would make sense if you haven't had ducks, ducks actually have extremely distinguished personalities! One of mine will come straight into my hand when I put it in with him, he has a close bond and understands that I helped him to survival, some or more calmer than others, and they are very social creatures like chicks. The difference is is ducks usually have a longer rate of trusting but once you get the bond settled it's really quite a beautiful thing :) I didn't really have to create a bond with my chickens they were kind of just like whatever, lol! It's also really funny when you put ducks in water, you can really see how each one reacts differently, and like humans they are very selective of each other mostly when they are older.

Well since you don't have ducks obviously you're going to say that. My ducks have so much personality it's great. They splash and play in the bathtub(they are 3 weeks old) they chase me and try to nibble my nose lol. One of them climbs my arm when I'm sitting and snuggles herself in my arm. don't know what kind of chickens you have that let you cuddle... never had one that enjoys a cuddle.. and not talking about you picking it up and forcing cuddles.

Back
Top Bottom