chicken's wing skinned to the bone

She is doing well, considering. Eating and drinking and very alert. She is starting to peck at her wound, though. No signs of infection, as far as I can tell.
20181104_221308.jpg

Glad to hear she is eating/drinking.

I'm not a fan of covering wounds, but if she is picking at it, you may need to eventually cover it loosely with something. Some people have used an infants t-shirt to make a covering or you can go with wrapping the wound with gauze, etc.
You still need to monitor the wound daily, of course for signs of infection.

In future, it may be best to take birds with serious injuries to a vet. For one thing, vets can provide bird-safe pain relief, and can repair injuries like this so that they heal faster and with fewer ill effects.

For me and a lot of people a vet isn’t an option. It’s 3 hrs one way to a vet. That’s a whole day roughly round trip. I knew getting into chickens that I’d have one of two choices when it came to certain situations. I have to treat my chickens myself. This does not bother me. I have to try. I care a lot about my chickens they are my pets not livestock to me.
If they need to be humanly euthanized I can accept that too. But I will still try my best. It is what it is. I can relate with those who try....

Back
Top Bottom