Chickens wing turning GREEN

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by chickenlover237, Mar 9, 2015.

1. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my white leghorns hurt her wing, I thought she had dislocated or broken it. She lost total movement of it, and today, two days after it happened, I checked on her and her entire wing, from the shoulder is GREEN and I literally mean, Green, grass green. And I don't know what to do! Pics soon to come if I can get them to load...

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    I would recommend taking her to a veterinarian. Can you take some pics?

3. chickenlover237

There isn't a vet within a four hour drive (that we could find) that can take care of her, as soon as I can get the pictures to load I will post.

4. BantamFan4Life

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Ok

5. chickenlover237

Hopefully this shows...

6. chickenlover237

ahhh hold on

7. chickenlover237

[​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    That does look pretty bad. However, that doesn't looks like inflammation from an injury. It looks more like a fungal/bacterial infection. I would try antibiotics or something--not sure.

9. chickenlover237

What's strangest is it is her whole wing, but a very defined line on her shoulder, it's localized to just her wing, it doesn't hurt her, but she can still feel on her wing. (I tested this by pinching pieces of skin along her wing) she reacted the same as the other wing.

10. roseyred

roseyred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2014
    I would clean it thuroughly and see what it looks like from there. Defenitly looks like a fungal infection but I had a chicken hurt its toes and its bruise was green but not bright green like that. Get some anti fungal cream and apply it once it's clean and keep the area clean and dry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by