Chickens with Pigeons...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pastorj, Feb 19, 2014.

1. pastorj

pastorj Just Hatched

Feb 18, 2014
    I have a nice coop with very high rafters etc. could I keep my chickens and pigeons together.
    I do not have a rooster ... I would have two different nest box areas...
    thoughts?

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    One of our local stores has a little barnyard out behind it. They have lots of critters, but most of them are some type of fowl or another. They have a completely enclosed aviary that houses chickens, turkeys, pheasant, quail, pigeons and doves. They all just run around in there together. They do have high wire shelves and nest boxes for the pigeons and doves, and they had hanging cages which also contained some as well (I assume so they have their own safe place).

They're all beautiful, and it doesn't appear any of the smaller birds are picked on. Good luck [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. TheEggCollecter

TheEggCollecter Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2014
    Massachusettes
    I volunteer at an animal sanctuary where we house our hens in large gazebos with a door at the top for doves and pigeons and a door at the bottom for chickens. They both have separate nesting areas and eat the same food. We have been keeping them like this for years and never run into problems. We even keep roosters with doves and pigeons. Just install alot of roosts.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by