chickens with tapeworm

chickengirl1193

Songster
6 Years
Oct 12, 2013
north Jersey
On friday I saw what I think to be tapeworm segments in my chickens poo. I brought the sample to the vet immediately and am still waiting on their results... im not sure where else I can get the correct de wormer... but in the mean time im concerned about the safety of my eggs. I keep my nesting boxes clean and collect eggs frequently so I dont wash them.but I still want to make sure its safe to consume the eggs.
Thanks !

I'm curious about that, is it safe to eat the Eggs if the Chickens have Worms? How often do most People De-Worm them? Is there a Wormer with no Withdrawal Time? I got my Chickens last Spring (some Pullets and some older Hens) and have not yet De-Wormed them.

Last edited:
Thank you! Im going to buy wormer cuz im getting frustrated waiting for the vet... they had to send my sample out to a company that then sent it to cornell. I thought they did the test at the vets office...I brought a goat fecal sample to my dogs vet and he gave me an answer within five minutes but this time I wanted to use a vet specific to chickens since we eat the eggs but the service just isnt the same for double the price :(
So if you dose twice, you will need to throw out the eggs for the first ten days then the 2 weeks after second dose, 24 days all together? That's so many wasted eggs :(

Back
Top Bottom