Chickens won’t roost on new roost

Humm. Obstinate chickens. Are they staying on the roost, after they are put there?
Yes, that’s why i don’t think there’s a draft on their roost. They’ll stay if we put them up. I’m thinking maybe we have to leave the light on until they get onto the roost at night because i know chickens can’t see very well in the dark?

I agree ramp might be too steep, great looking coop and setup by the way. I use a night light on all my girls (pullets and hens) and I think it helps them navigate till they settle in

I agree ramp might be too steep, great looking coop and setup by the way. I use a night light on all my girls (pullets and hens) and I think it helps them navigate till they settle in
I’m thinking so too but they are roosting on the ramp tonight and not the roost UGH. But we did try to put the indoor light on a timer and the whole time it was on they decided to peck around the floor.

And thank you! we worked very hard on it

Another thing, i couldn’t find ribbon for the life of me at my house BUT would their feathers ruffle (blow around lightly) is there was a draft?
Yes, in regards to the feathers.

And it doesn't have to be a ribbon. Got dental floss? String? Yarn? A strip of a plastic bag? Anything lightweight will do for a draft test.

Back
Top Bottom