chickens wont lay eggs

It may take up to a month before they get going again as long as they are healthy.

I don't know where you are or what condition your new hens are in but I would think 10 hens in an 8x8 barn would not be in the best of shape. I'm guessing red bottoms and feather loss if not worse. Given their new surroundings, new available nutrient, and the time of year, they may just decide to go into a molt
weird because 4 years of caring of hens and never seen one molt even in my town

If they free range, they could be laying someplace other than in the nest boxes. You may need to keep them confined in a run for a few weeks to 'train' them to lay in the boxes.
ive looked everywhere I don't have any bushes or tall grass in my yard just dirt but I don't let them go in it that much oh and the run floor is concrete suold I put some dirt in the run I heard that concrete floor is bad for there leg and also there old environment was dirt and used to lay in it

It could be that, in your location on the planet (Palestine), the change in daylight from summer to winter isn't extreme enough to trigger an annual molt.
I was also think about in summer it almost feels like spring just a bit hotter and spring is between cold and summer but it mostly summer this year 90degreese f

Don't know where to put this - so I will try here....5 month old hen who was just starting to lay got sick -ish. I say this b/c she would puff all her feathers up and just stand still or lay down. I isolated her, ect. and she seemed better after a few days so I put her back with everyone - she laid one egg the few days she was isolated but dropped in the run - she was isolated in our 'tractor'. She has not laid an egg since back with her flock and most days she was isolated. Not worry about egg bound, though was at the time. I might just isolate her for a few days by herself, but since school started that is a little bit of a hassle for morning chores. Any thoughts??

I just logged on to ask a similar question. If a chicken was stressed/sick how long does it normally take for them to start laying again? I have a cream legbar that began laying nearly 2 weeks ago and laid 4 eggs total. The last egg came last Saturday (9/19) and I noticed her acting weird on the 20th. She's back to normal now but no egg in a week. I'm new to chickens so I'm still figuring it out as I go. I also have a wyandotte that hasn't laid in the past few days. Neither has been laying for a month yet but it's starting to get cooler and has been dreary the past few days. All are 6 months old now.

Back
Top Bottom