CHICKENSTOCK 2008

I am ok with Texas but I'd say the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Or the original idea of Kansas City.We could do it in Oklahoma City. That is about halfway between Dallas and KC. I'm being selfish, OKC would be a short trip for me.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, I was talking HUGE! Like a big chicken expo-festival get together......................CHICKENSTOCK!!!

I get so excited every time I think about it.
jumpy.gif

KK, I just thought about this when reading another post, but if we ever decided to have a Chickenstock in Texas and bring any poultry with us, there would be some strict guidelines that we would have to have in order to cross any Texas state lines. Here is the website link that Allen Wrench posted, and pay close attention to page 7. I would hate to see any of us get into any kind of trouble and or put a black mark on this forum.

You will need Acrobat to read this. If you don't have it you can download a free one here.
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

Here is the website for the Summary of Texas Requirements for Entry of Livestock (Domestic & Exotic), Poultry and Ratites Into the State and into Shows, Fairs, Exhibitions and Assemblies
http://www.tahc.state.tx.us/regs/entry/TAHC_Entry_Summary.pdf

SORRY EVERYONE....DON'T KNOW HOW THIS GOT POSTED TWICE. TRIED TO EDIT AND I THINK MY COMPUTER WENT CRAZY!!!!!

Last edited:
Just got an email from Mr. Anderson of the APA. Here's what he said:

Jessica,

I am definitely interested in some sort of arrangement. It would probably make the most sense to hold such and event in conjunction with our semi-annual or annual (national) meet. Our national for this year will be held in Lucasville , Ohio in October which is too soon for your purposes. At that meeting, we will decide upon the location for the 2008 National. I believe that the 2008 semi-annual is scheduled for Iowa .

Let’s stay in touch and see if we can arrange something.

Dave

Things seem to be looking good so far!!

DH says if it's going to be in Texas it should be near the Alimo. I asked him why and he said "because I've never seen the alimo and I want to."
roll.png

This sounds pretty neat to me. I hope it can stay central Kansas, Missouri, Ohio - those are possibilities for me. Has anyone thought about contacting MyPetChicken.com to see if they would be interested in participating? I'm mentioning it because they have posted here a few times.

Back
Top Bottom