Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If you are wanting blue and green egg layers,I have Blue eggs in my bator now the hens I have are true Ameraucanas (from breeders) but since no matter how hard I try I have not been able to hatch a true Roo I crossed my hens with my Araucana roo.The offspring will still lay blue or green eggs but they are neither true Ameraucana or Araucana,they are however very pretty birds as adults.....I have hatched several and everyone has been happy with them...no two have looked alike which is what I like...I kept one that is turning out to be a rumpless blue splash....and I plan to keep 3 from the new batch of 7 that just hatched and I have more in my bator due to hatch around the 16th.

Quote:
If you are wanting blue and green egg layers,I have Blue eggs in my bator now the hens I have are true Ameraucanas (from breeders) but since no matter how hard I try I have not been able to hatch a true Roo I crossed my hens with my Araucana roo.The offspring will still lay blue or green eggs but they are neither true Ameraucana or Araucana,they are however very pretty birds as adults.....I have hatched several and everyone has been happy with them...no two have looked alike which is what I like...I kept one that is turning out to be a rumpless blue splash....and I plan to keep 3 from the new batch of 7 that just hatched and I have more in my bator due to hatch around the 16th.

Yes, let me know when they hatch! Thanks!

Quote:

Yes, let me know when they hatch! Thanks!

How many are you looking for?

Not many, two? I'll check with my neighbor to see what she's looking for. We were going to split a hatchery order maybe.

Hi All!

I have one Roo to rehome, and I'm right next door. May I join you? And if so, what do I need to do ahead of time? I've never done a Chickenstock or a Chicken Swap before?

ps-Just skimming back on the previous posts here...the roo I have is EE/Ameraucana. I got him as a day-old from a farmer supply hatchery order. All but 2 of my previous hens of this "breed" from the same hatchery gave/give beautiful shades of green/blue. Two gave pinkish colored eggs. He's gorgeous, if anyone is interested. He's the one I'd bring to the event.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok,I have 7 that I hatched over the weekend,we are keeping 3 and I have a woman that is interested in a few but not sure how many...I will give her till Friday to get back to me and I will take what ever is left to the swap this weekend or to Shay's next swap.

Aww, I leave for summer camp on the same day this happens.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom