Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Darlene,
I am in the same boat as you. I would be careful buying the cheap ones. I think I am going to spring for one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Up-...00000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8571900

this time. This is what Gypsy has and its built like a tank... I don't want to be spending 40-50 bucks every year replacing it when I can buy this for 80 and be done with it.

My 2 cents.

They are built like a tank and I have had mine for going on 3 years now with a tiny hole pokes in it,
the key to success with these is the little flap at the top you have to make sure they are open, mine wasnt the first time and wind did catch it but I was lucky enough to be standing right there and grabbed it.
another thing is key is to tie it down whether to the back of a truck or blocks. anyhing to hold it down in wind.

I paid 90 somthing dollars for it near 3 years ago so I figure $30.00 a year and its paid for itself. and I can still get another few years before having to replace it.

Quote:
Darlene,
I am in the same boat as you. I would be careful buying the cheap ones. I think I am going to spring for one of these:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/First-Up-...00000003260410&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8571900

this time. This is what Gypsy has and its built like a tank... I don't want to be spending 40-50 bucks every year replacing it when I can buy this for 80 and be done with it.

My 2 cents.

They are built like a tank and I have had mine for going on 3 years now with a tiny hole pokes in it,
the key to success with these is the little flap at the top you have to make sure they are open, mine wasnt the first time and wind did catch it but I was lucky enough to be standing right there and grabbed it.
another thing is key is to tie it down whether to the back of a truck or blocks. anyhing to hold it down in wind.

I paid 90 somthing dollars for it near 3 years ago so I figure $30.00 a year and its paid for itself. and I can still get another few years before having to replace it.

I have the same one you have and I set it up at home while planting because I was already sunburnt from the day before ....well I left it up and came home one day and it had sailed ACROSS my yard and was still alll in one piece!! Soo glad I spent a little more when I bought it instead of having to keep replacing it....

Quote:
I did have one of those 2 years ago and it caught a gust of wind at the greely park art show and came out a tangles mess! i think it depends on how the wind catches it and off they go like Mary poppins umbrella! LOL

The biggest thing is to make sure it has a vent. I wonder if the vent on the first up canopies is new. Without a vent, its a sail. All I am saying is that they are heavier duty than most out there.

Both of mine that para-sailed had the vent, as a matter of fact, the second one had a double vent. If a good wind comes, they are a gonner no matter what, even if they are tied down. I have ben doing craft fairs for years and have seen people wares demollished by fly away tents, and when a strong wind comes, have even seen the milk jugs full of sand go with 'em and wreak havock on expensive artwork!

Quote:
someone smack me, like i need another bird
roll.png
! i may be interested in the cuckoo marans pullet! i'm trying to work on the cuckoo coloring in the faverolles and it seems to produce some wonderful results!

btw, those looking for one of those pop up tents, over in our area in NH we have a little value store that is selling the tents for $45 (if he still has some left!) i can check on those tomorrow night to see if he has any left.

i also have an extra pop up but the canopy is not in the best condition but still functional (sort of vented
lol.png
naturally). i can bring it along for anyone needing one in an pinch! or, if anyone has an Easy Up canopy but the frame has been destroyed i would gladly buy the fabric off you! i think mine is the 10'x10'.

I found the keets I was looking for already and Dan needs Sunday to do some work on the chicken coop, our nephew is coming up to help him finally build the outdoor part of it. It's only been waiting to go up for 2 years now, lol. Not all Dan's fault since I was able to help with it for a while there and we just never got it done. Meant to do it last spring but then I broke my foot, got out of that cast and ended up in my accident. Couldn't win last year.

Anyways, in a nutshell, I can't make it out this month
sad.png
I wish everyone the best of times!

Quote:
The biggest thing is to make sure it has a vent. I wonder if the vent on the first up canopies is new. Without a vent, its a sail. All I am saying is that they are heavier duty than most out there.

Both of mine that para-sailed had the vent, as a matter of fact, the second one had a double vent. If a good wind comes, they are a gonner no matter what, even if they are tied down. I have ben doing craft fairs for years and have seen people wares demollished by fly away tents, and when a strong wind comes, have even seen the milk jugs full of sand go with 'em and wreak havock on expensive artwork!

Just an FYI, for three bucks more you can get the 12 by 12 one.. :) They are also having a sale on folding tables. 5 foot for 34 i think it was?

Last edited:
Quote:

Just an FYI, for three bucks more you can get the 12 by 12 one.. :) They are also having a sale on folding tables. 5 foot for 34 i think it was?

Where are they having the sale Barb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom