Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardacres

Songster
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Quote:this heat has been brutal on the animals, even I have lost a few to it. it doesn get easier.
sorry for your loss.

A friend and i did a meat-bird project at her place. We just had them processed today, but we had lost 3 a few days ago, they just dropped dead. I am SURE it was the heat.
sucks to lose birds though.

Oh, by the way, my extra rooster has found a home---in my freezer!
Had him done with the meaties today. I figured, why not? If not mine, he'd probably end up in someone else's freezer along with other extra roos!

Last edited:

Poultry Run Farm

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Maine
We aren't going to be able to make it tomorrow

I have not been feeling very well at all today, think it's just from the heat. Going back to bed now....

keesmom

Free Ranging
Jul 28, 2008
MA
Quote:This weather really stinks. Hope you feel better soon, though the weather won't get better for a while.

So you're getting David's buffs? I think I'll be getting his BBS.

darbella

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
New Hampshire
Quote:OK, so I am getting the red cochin hen from you and the chicks right?? I need to see how many cages I have to bring. Probably more than I planned to because I am sure there will be more that I have to come home with! haha

HenPen

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
New Hampshire
I am bringing the chicks I promised...a few guineas...the last of my quail chicks....4 Muscovy hens all are almost 1yr old....maybe some bunnies & a Sicilian Buttercup hen...

muffi

Songster
11 Years
Feb 27, 2008
Ayer, Massachusetts
I won't be able to make it today. I woke up this morning to tragedy in the coop. My automatic door closed on my two new Polishes who were apparently roosting in the door way and they weren't smart or quick enough to get out of the way. I am devestated.
Just when I thought I was done learning everything about chicken-raising the hard way...

Abby, I'll try to get your Ameraucana to you next weekend.

darbella

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
New Hampshire
Quote:Oh how tragic! I had wondered about that ever happening with those auto openers, and I gues it can. They need to have a safety feature like a garage door that is something is in the way, the sensor will not let the door close down. Sorry for your looses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom