Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh wow, can't wait to see what you got!

Me to haha i cant wait to see them has she let u see them this young before

I was handling babies since the day after they were born. I wanted to make sure everyone was getting fed, so I weighed them daily with a kitchen scale! I have some frozen kitten milk replacer that I had on hand just in case, if you want it. Lily didn't mind one bit that I was holding them, but I can't speak for how she would behave for someone else.

Quote:
Me to haha i cant wait to see them has she let u see them this young before

I was handling babies since the day after they were born. I wanted to make sure everyone was getting fed, so I weighed them daily with a kitchen scale! I have some frozen kitten milk replacer that I had on hand just in case, if you want it. Lily didn't mind one bit that I was holding them, but I can't speak for how she would behave for someone else.

Have u had to feed them before

Quote:

Have u had to feed them before

I got a little worried about one baby for one day before Lily's milk came in, but after that everyone was always fine.

So does anyone have a cabinet incubator? Can anyone recommend a seller? I want to order one before shipping goes up. I'm leaning towards getting a Sportsman 1502.

Quote:
Ooo, taking the plunge, eh? I'm jealous! I usually order incubators from Stromberg's or GQFMFG.

I'm seriously considering it. Someone unplugged one of my Brinseas at some point, and I didn't find it until the eggs were well chilled.
hmm.png
Doubt anyone will unplug a cabinet!

Quote:
Ooo, taking the plunge, eh? I'm jealous! I usually order incubators from Stromberg's or GQFMFG.

I'm seriously considering it. Someone unplugged one of my Brinseas at some point, and I didn't find it until the eggs were well chilled.
hmm.png
Doubt anyone will unplug a cabinet!

Cindy, that happened to me and the eggs were pretty far along and the bator was unplugged for a whole night. I plugged it back in and some of the eggs did hatch! It wouldnt hurt to plug it back in unless this was days ago! I saw on egg cartons site the sportsman is 629.00 I believe?

Quote:
I did plug it back in. We'll see what happens. It has some bantam blue fav eggs (which I'm not getting many of at the moment) and some coronation eggs.

Eggcartons.com carries them? I'll have to check their site. Maybe I could save on shipping and pick it up.

Oh well, they carry it but it's sent directly from the manufacturer. So much for picking it up!

Last edited:
Decisions, decisions. Dickeys are made of wood, but the sportmans are all digital. I wonder how much the shipping is on the Dickey. Only $50 or so between the two in price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom