Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be there tomorrow: have: silkies cockerels and pullets 8 weeks old, buff orpington pullets 1 week old, houdans 8 weeks old. bantam pullet mixes, ducklings mixes. pair of MF Duc 2 years old. see you tomorrow......Patty

frow.gif

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow!!
smile.png

Quote:

Beth G. :

thumbsup.gif

I can't wait!!
smile.png

Quote:

Gotta go and get the ingredients for my great macaroni salad!! I will be bringing:

Bantams:
6week old cochins (very small from SQ parents) mottled (on hold), gold laced, splash
1 week old cochins red, mottled, birchen
button quail chicks assorted colors (on hold)

Birds on hold will be available for sale if the people change their minds or do not show up by 10am.

I will also bring if there is any interest society finches (most are hens) in assorted colors
silver fawn java finch hen
zebra finches

I will only bring these if there is definite interest because I do not want to stress them out.

I will have a variety of cages, 20gal. tall aquarium, and other misc. items

I am thinking of bringing my clay jewelry too. Maybe my funky chicken pins!!

Cannot wait to see everyone.
ya.gif

MikeS(erama) :

Quote:
Ut oh... Bamboo... I love bamboo. I already have 8 different kinds in my yard... Could always use some more if you do bring some lol do you know the name of the kind you have? Two of the types I have are groundcover/ dwarf bamboo. One is called Pleioblastus variegatus, gets about 4 feet high and has big verigated leaves. The other is I believe Pleioblastus humilis, is only a foot high right now, and has tiny green leaves lol.
I actually have two Fargesia nitida growing that I grew from seed. When I got my first couple bamboos from Burt bamboos his had gone to seed and he gave me some to try to grow.
Sorry, I could go on and on about bamboo... Lol

I got my first bamboos from Al at Burt Associates Bamboo, back in 1997! It was a Fargesia muriela, which grew to a big clump then flowered and died (there are a few leaves left, but it's pretty much kaput now). The new generation of fargesias should last for 120 years before they flower and go belly up, but mine was "old generation" and had reached its flowering stage. Now I have about 30 types of bamboo but not all of them are easy to dig.

The groundcover I spoke of is Pleioblastus viridistriatus -- it's a chartreuse green with darker green stripes. It gets a couple feet tall in part shade. I cut it back to the ground every spring and it sends up fresh shoots. I also have some pygmy bamboo (Pleioblastus pygmaeus). If I have time I'll try to scoop a few pots. And, I have the BIG STUFF -- Phyllostachys nuda, P. bissetii, P. nigra and various other species including some kinds of sasas and fargesias, but they are shooting now, and the rhizomes are waaaay too tough to dig without my heavy duty equipment. I won't have time to dig any of that for tomorrow!​

Hey Darlene,

I am thinking on looking at the golden laced one too b/c I have Red and Blue laced now and it would be cool to breed them to the GL one
smile.png
I will be leaving my house around 6am and it takes me 2 1/2 hours to get there if there is no traffic. Forgive me if I'm a little late but, I am definitely Coming to see you all!!! I can't wait
wee.gif

See you tomorrow!!!

Beth
smile.png

Quote:

Gotta go and get the ingredients for my great macaroni salad!! I will be bringing:

Bantams:
6week old cochins (very small from SQ parents) mottled (on hold), gold laced, splash
1 week old cochins red, mottled, birchen
button quail chicks assorted colors (on hold)

Birds on hold will be available for sale if the people change their minds or do not show up by 10am.

I will also bring if there is any interest society finches (most are hens) in assorted colors
silver fawn java finch hen
zebra finches

I will only bring these if there is definite interest because I do not want to stress them out.

I will have a variety of cages, 20gal. tall aquarium, and other misc. items

I am thinking of bringing my clay jewelry too. Maybe my funky chicken pins!!

Cannot wait to see everyone.
ya.gif

I just told my 5 year old that we are "going to Shay's swap tomorrow." he is beyond excited!
ya.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

I have mixed up 2 gallons of Kool-aid (Cherry and Grape) and it's chilling in the fridge for the pot-luck. I have plates, cups, and flatware ready to bring as well.
Awning, table, and chairs ready to put in the car. Brooder boxes, etc ready to put the ducklings in for the trip. I will be bringing some young Serama chicks after all. They are between 1 and 2 weeks old----straight run. I have people coming to buy plants today at my house, so i won't have many left to bring...
wee.gif
I'm getting excited too! lol!

We will have plant starts, perrenials, seeds and some 4 week old Dominique pullets. Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Newbie here! I have three week old chicks in the brooder in the dining room! My husband and I should be building the coop, but I sooo want to come and learn everything you folks can teach me! I will even bring my chicken notebook! I am also a novice quilter and I tried out a Chicken block. Maybe next year I will make chicken quilty things and my husband and I will know some of you all and stay for the potluck! Here is our brooder cam: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-k-s-chikin-channel If anyone spots an obvious Roo in there, tell me.... I have been obsessing for the whole three weeks we have loved/owned them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom