Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
yes but not by a whole lot

I have hatched geese eggs in an LG before it isnt a huge peoblem just have to watch the humidity and keep it above 50%

okey dokey, will do, when i get a humidity, Jose is going to ask the neighbor for a ride to the feed store( again) haha to get more feed, so i will have him see if they carry the humidity reader.

the geese and turkey can they eat egg layer pellets or should they eat the game feed?

Quote:
yes but not by a whole lot

I have hatched geese eggs in an LG before it isnt a huge peoblem just have to watch the humidity and keep it above 50%

okey dokey, will do, when i get a humidity, Jose is going to ask the neighbor for a ride to the feed store( again) haha to get more feed, so i will have him see if they carry the humidity reader.

the geese and turkey can they eat egg layer pellets or should they eat the game feed?

game crumbles are best butin a pinch layer wont hurt them any.

gypsy....have to get a different rack I think to do geese. I have to look into that, its set up for chickens, ducks, and quail.

Quote:
word of caution :
I wont use an auto turner for any egg heavier than a chicken egg, reason being I have experienced more than too many instances of curled toes and deformed feet.
I prefer to remove the turner and just lay the eggs on their sides and turn 3 to 4 times a day by hand.
this is my experiences but I know others use the auto turners with no problems.

geese and duck put too much pressure into the narrow end of the egg ( where their feet are ) and can not streatch out enough to not have curled or deformed feet.

DUCKLINGS ANYONE??

I'm planning to order 10 ducklings from Metzer Farms in CA. I ordered from them 7 years ago and was very happy with the ducks and customer service. I'm keeping four of the ten but will have the following breeds/number of ducklings available for $9.00 each. If you're interested please PM me.

1 Fawn White runner FEMALE
2 Chocolate runners FEMALE
1 Welsh Harlequin FEMALE
2 Cayugas FEMALE

ETA they will ship 04/26/10

Last edited:
hit.gif
No chickenstocks for me for a long time! I'm gonna miss everyone. Shay will you be at Milford?

can someone explain the raffles, does everyone donate something to be raffles off to help pay for the expense of the porta potty? Cause i can donate a painting.

Quote:
You don't "Have to" donate something, but it's appreciated to help pay off the potty.

I would love to donate a painting I have one in mind it might not be framed though.I find lately people want to frame them themselves to match their decor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom