Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Oh, Muffi, how awful for your poor birds! Ugh! Don't worry about me, we'll figure something out. We can't make Shay's swap today anyway (we are heading to Maine to pick up my two oldest boys from their grandparents). We will be going to the Milford Blue Seal swap on the 24th, so hopefully we can connect somehow...or maybe the next time Shay has a swap. Something will work out.

Quote:
Oh how tragic! I had wondered about that ever happening with those auto openers, and I gues it can. They need to have a safety feature like a garage door that is something is in the way, the sensor will not let the door close down. Sorry for your looses.

My door is a 12" x 12" piece of plywood and it takes about 5 seconds for it to close. It closes after dark, after everyone has settled down into their corner or onto their perch. I guess I needed to pay closer attention to these new guys who hadn't quite figured out the routine yet. So sad... Well, needless to say, I am disabling the door until I can replace it with a lightweight aluminum sheet metal one.

Have fun at the swap.

If anyone is at all interested in Muscovies or goslings ($5 ea) PLEASE PM me! I need to thin my flock ASAP. I also have some gold laced, silver laced, and white crested black Polish chicks (all standard size) that I had been planning to raise to breed to my now deceased chocolate and khaki boys. Straight run only $3 ea.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss Muffi.
sad.png
We did make it to the swap and picked up a couple of young wellsummers.

Quote:
Thanks. Sorry that I could not make it. I still have the Cuckoo Maran and Brabanter hens. Please let me know if you're still interested and we can work out how to get them to you.

Great stock today, though a little hot! Thanks shay for the trade and to the lady (sorry, I'm horrible with remembering names) for the beautiful Ameraucana hen! Still wondering if Amanda or I won anything in the raffle... Lol
wink.png
Can't wait to see you all next month!

MikeS(erama) :

Great stock today, though a little hot! Thanks shay for the trade and to the lady (sorry, I'm horrible with remembering names) for the beautiful Ameraucana hen! Still wondering if Amanda or I won anything in the raffle... Lol
wink.png
Can't wait to see you all next month!

Yes,I think you did win something...Shay was calling for someone named Amanda but no one answered,we were at a loss as to putting a face to the name but she put the ticket with the prize and will call the winner since there was a name & number on the ticket....I hope it was you.....and apologize if it was another Amanda.​

Last edited:
Hi all
I had fun at my first ever chickenstock! I was pretty braindead from the heat by noon, I totally forgot to buy tickets for the raffle.
My five new chicks are moved into the ferret cage in the tack room; I wrapped the lower half with cardboard & duct tape, covered the cage with a sheet, gave them hideout boxes inside the cage, and locked the tackroom door then shut the big barn door.

Muffi, I'm so sorry about your hens. I often wonder about that very accident. Apparently there is no shortage of possible fatal accidents for poultry, no matter how hard we try to keep them safe.

Quote:
Wonderful Chickenstock. Sold my Chickens and Saw Shay again. But i was so glad to meet you suzannaski! I love your poultry prints !

It was nice to meet you (and everyone else) too! Glad you like the prints. If you ever see any other ads that might be fun to print, let me know and I'll clean them up in photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom