Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Which show is the 19th?

I leave my ID tag for Westford in the minivan, and my NPIP testing certificate. That way there's no chance of me forgetting either!

hi everyone. Sorry i have not been on comp issues. Ok sorry for all the confuson. So far next date is sept 19. We may shoot to have one the end of august. Gypsy what u think. U guys think the heat will go downa bit the end of august? Not sure though soooo nexty set date is sept 19. Thank u gypsy n henpen for posting for me.

I hope the heat calms down soon. I have several birds that need to get shipped out, but they can't go anywhere just yet.

Quote:
Which show is the 19th?

I leave my ID tag for Westford in the minivan, and my NPIP testing certificate. That way there's no chance of me forgetting either!

Farmington Fair, but not confirmed if they are going to do the open show Monday or Sunday but the 4-H show is Sunday.

We haven't got a ID Tag yet, just the written card, think I put them in my laptop bag, don't leave the test cards and that stuff in a car, never know which one I'm going to have so it probably in my laptop bag with the orig. blood test card. I always take my laptop
smile.png

Last edited:
i know i want to start on the pond for the geese. But shovel a hole in this heat? Forget it. Right now i am so upset have 4 birds missing no signs of attack. 2 of them allways stay together wandering around my yard.

are you sure something didn't just run through and snatch them while they were in the yard? coyotes or foxes might have done it? or could a hen/pullet have a nest somewhere and you just haven't found it and her?

Quote:
Pssst I have a great big pool liner I was going to use to line my pond but I am rethinking my plan.....How big a pond do you plan to dig?

Quote:
Pssst I have a great big pool liner I was going to use to line my pond but I am rethinking my plan.....How big a pond do you plan to dig?

we could all come down to help you dig the pond!
lol.png
just like a barn raising, instead we'll be digging a big hole in the ground!

HenPen, you may want to be careful using a used pool liner for a pond, especially if you were planning on putting fish in it. the chemicals embedded in the liner can cause issues on fish and animals.

i do have a 20x20 Firestone pond liner i bought about 2 years ago and it hasn't even been out of the box! i've been debating whether to sell it or just make a shallow pond and build up the sides to the depth i would like it to be at. i was going to put it in my yard but it would require someone to dig a huge hole and my back couldn't handle doing all that on my own, and the quote we got from someone was over $400! every time i try to go more than a foot or two in the ground where i want to put it i hit huge rocks or heavily packed ground! depending on how deep you want to make the pond it could make a finished pond of 10'x10'x4' deep or 12'x12'x3' deep.

i've been doing water gardening since '96' with the smaller, prefab ponds so i have some experience with setting them up if you need any advise. i've just never set one up to handle duck or geese waste!
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom