Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard a new rooster crowing in the yard yesterday afternoon, then it dawned on me that I did not get a new roo and the chicks I have are only 5 weeks old and when I looked out, I watche dand waited and low and behold...the gold sebrite hen was crowing! She is the mom to some of the chicks out there with her and I was like "Oh my gosh!" Jackie had told me she had a hen that crowed and now I really believe her! (sorry Jackie...but I did not doubt you, just wondered if it was a cakle crow!) But now I know that they can crow just like a roo! Actually, she sounded better than the stupid roo, hers was a full crow, he only has a scratchy half a cockle doo!

I too have a hen that crows occasionally. She is a 4 year old porcelain d'uccle and she's been crowing on and off for 2 years!

Had another unexpected silkie hatch today under a broody. Looks similar to a partridge but much lighter.

13729_073110_2.jpg

13729_073110_1.jpg

Anyone else in northern MA or southern NH (or even southern ME) who needs to have some extra birds processed? I got this year's rates for the mobile processor in NH. $1 per mile to your house, $4 for each chicken. If there's interest then maybe we can pick a location and split the travel fees to cut down on cost.

Quote:
LOL Darbella its ok everyone that knows me thinks I'm nuts but thats ok I always knew someday someone I knew would end up with a crowing hen and I wouldnt be the only one

sad.png
Just signed in for the first time since my last post and discovered that tomorrows chickenstock is no more. Disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing everyone. I guess I'll have to look forward to September
big_smile.png

Quote:
Record it Darleen I wanna see this!! LOL

I will do that when she is crowing again! I tell ya, it was hysterical because she didnt stretch her neck upwards like the roo, but kinda sideways like a snake...it was so weird. i was thinking she was morphing into a roo and changing sexes like some fish species do LOL

Quote:
LOL Darbella its ok everyone that knows me thinks I'm nuts but thats ok I always knew someday someone I knew would end up with a crowing hen and I wouldnt be the only one

LOL...and of course it would have to be me! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom