Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting Shay, it helps to know what to do in case it should happen to one of us.
Sending healing vibes your way
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:

I am makeing tiny slitr to draim it out and cleaning with peroxide and doing a soak with hot water and epson salts and also putting clear iadine on it and for the pain baby asprin now what i also need to do is get him atibotics but i dont have money to get any right now

Quote:
I have a pair and I also have other colors. They are laying and Shay has some of my eggs and is hatching them for me. Jackie from Noble Hill Farms also has moderns, but I dont know if she had=s brown reds. She should see this post and will answer.

Quote:
Oh, sorry to hear Shay...where is Dr. Jose when you need him! LOL Did he get frostbite? Dave Chickenman said that wattles will swell from it, so is it possible that feet will swell also? I have to work almost every day this week, so I may not be able to make it over till Sat or Sunday! I am dying to see the chicks!! I am gonna ask Jackie if she is going by your place if she can take pics to post! I hope your roo gets better.

Quote:
Oh, sorry to hear Shay...where is Dr. Jose when you need him! LOL Did he get frostbite? Dave Chickenman said that wattles will swell from it, so is it possible that feet will swell also? I have to work almost every day this week, so I may not be able to make it over till Sat or Sunday! I am dying to see the chicks!! I am gonna ask Jackie if she is going by your place if she can take pics to post! I hope your roo gets better.

no its not frost bite he has crap oozing out

Quote:
I have a pair and I also have other colors. They are laying and Shay has some of my eggs and is hatching them for me. Jackie from Noble Hill Farms also has moderns, but I dont know if she had=s brown reds. She should see this post and will answer.

Right now my Serama Roo is fertilizing them. Should be a cute mix. Are you interested in selling eggs or chicks or both? If so how much? Where did you get your birds? Thanks Jessica

Concerning brown red modern games. This may not be quite what you are looking for, but I have 2 brown red hens in with a birchen hen and birchen rooster, all bantams.

According to the chicken calculator, this combination should produce pure birchen pullets, pure birchen cockerals, and what I'll call "yellow birchen" cockerals. Kind of in-between brown red and birchen. If bred back to brown red, the yellow birchen cockerals produce pure brown red pullets and cockerals, birchen pullets, and more "yellow birchen" cockerals. I'm still learning genetics and this is my first year with this breeding quad, so we'll see what actually comes out of it.

I have hatched about 35 chicks from this quad since January 1st and will have some available.

The hens are still laying, but I have stopped hatching for a few months, so if anyone is interested in the eggs, they are available. Right now I'm just eating them. Fertility has been really good.

The birds came from breeder stock, I got the birchen at the Poultry Congress in 2010, while I picked up the brown red pullets at the Poultry Exposition in November, 2010. Nice, tame birds.

If anyone is interested, you can reply here or pm me.

Thanks,

Corey

Quote:

Right now my Serama Roo is fertilizing them. Should be a cute mix. Are you interested in selling eggs or chicks or both? If so how much? Where did you get your birds? Thanks Jessica

Hi, I will be selling chicks at Shays Chicken stock, I think May is the date for the first one. I may be wrong, but I will find out if it is not posted here. I got mine from a breeder at the Oxford Show back in Nov.

Hi I do have a pair of brown reds they have been laying up a storm are you looking for chicks or eggs?
Quote:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom