Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go to TSC this morning for more wood pellets, (that makes 5 tons so far this winter) and they had gotten in their assorted bantams, I ended up with a few gold sebrites, one white silkie, and a few others that I have no idea what they are except for they are tiney and cute...and of course I HAD to get one of those white cornish they had yesterday! Talk about a chubby chick! It is 10 times the size of the bantams and the same age. But I could not resist it.

Quote:
Haha cute

I know Shay, remember I kept looking at those little porkers! The were so much bigger already today! i posted a pic on our other group (FB) check them out.

Quote:
Lol we picked some chicks up as well! There's now a tsc about 15 mins from our place, which makes any chicken needs easy access. Lol we picked up 3 dark brahmas, 3 either australorps or jersey giants, and 3 red pullets ( looks to be two red stars and a production red). Also Amanda decided she couldn't leave without a couple ducklings.....lol which I agreed to. We'll see how well that goes. I also ordered 10+ buff laced polish eggs off eBay this am. I have a serious itch to hatch lol

MikeS(erama) :

Quote:
Lol we picked some chicks up as well! There's now a tsc about 15 mins from our place, which makes any chicken needs easy access. Lol we picked up 3 dark brahmas, 3 either australorps or jersey giants, and 3 red pullets ( looks to be two red stars and a production red). Also Amanda decided she couldn't leave without a couple ducklings.....lol which I agreed to. We'll see how well that goes. I also ordered 10+ buff laced polish eggs off eBay this am. I have a serious itch to hatch lol

Hey Mike, long time so hear! hahaha I hear you on the hatching itch. I let Shay borrow my hovabator and then I got the itch because I was hearing everyone talk about pips and zips, so I had a credit at TSC and the LG was on sale, so i figured what the heck and went for it. Suprisingly enough, it has been holding temp steady for the last few days and I have a batch of eggs in there from my coop! Plus I had to put in the chicks I got today because we ran so many errands today they all got chilled and were all but lifeless, so I put them in the bator and withing a half hour most were up and about! I have 2 in there that seemd pretty good an hour ago but I will wait till morning to put them in the brooder tank! I also had to get one of those chubby cornish white chicks! What a butterball!​

MikeS(erama) :

Hi Mike! How are those turkeys doing? Is the hen laying yet?

Shay now has my trio. I needed the space for my favs as it was, then one of the hens ended up with a bad injury that was more than I could handle. Jose and Shay were able to stitch her back together and she's laying now! I do miss my turkeys though.
hmm.png
Maybe again someday.

I know what you mean about hatching!! Got 2 bators going now.​

Anyone interested in going in on an Ideal Poultry order with me? I need a couple more chickens for one of my genetics experiments and would like to avoid a lot of "packing peanuts" if possible.

Or is anyone planning an order that I could add a couple chicks to?

Please PM me if you can help out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Had to go to Milford this morning, so of course I had to stop at TSC to check out the chicks. I ended up getting some more, a couple more sebrites, silkies, d'uccles, and a couple of little tiny all white ones but I dont know what they could be, but now that I think of it, maybe oegb???

Anyone have button quail for sale? I sold most of my pairs and I have a lot of people emailing about buttons and I'd like someone to refer them to. PM or email me if you've got some or will have some for sale.

Tammie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom