Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
MikeS(erama) :

Just curious if anyone is going to bring any bantam faverolles roosters to the upcoming stock? I kind of want to get the hen I got last year a new boyfriend. Lol chewbacca is a good boy (my avatar), and is a good rooster, And their babies are cute, but I kind of want my own flock of little bantie fav hens lol

I can't come to the one in June, but I'm sure I'll have extra bantam roos. Probably a few bantam salmon/blue salmon/possibly splash salmon (Pontious line), and also blues and blacks if you want something different. Maybe even a splash but I've only hatched 4, and most look to be pullets. I also have whites but I think they're all going to Dick Boulanger.​

Quote:
I can't come to the one in June, but I'm sure I'll have extra bantam roos. Probably a few bantam salmon/blue salmon/possibly splash salmon (Pontious line), and also blues and blacks if you want something different. Maybe even a splash but I've only hatched 4, and most look to be pullets. I also have whites but I think they're all going to Dick Boulanger.

Oh, I bet the whites are beautiful! Do you still have that splash hen?? If you do I may want her!

Quote:
Oh, I bet the whites are beautiful! Do you still have that splash hen?? If you do I may want her!

The whites are quite nice, not to mention unexpected as they're coming from my black pair.

Eggs are like Christmas presents, you never know what you'll get!

Last edited:
Chickie'sMoma :

Mike, was that one of the little pullets you got from me last year? if she is, she is from the HatTrick line of bantam favs.

Yup, that would be the one! She's an absolute spaz, but we love her to death! Lol
You might be interested in seeing these
be38c1e7.png

Those are some of hers and chewbacca's (partridge silkie) babies. It turned out to be quite the interesting looking cross at least with the chicks.
I mean, look at the color of this one!
144c4142.png

Those were day old, and they have some interesting colors coming in in their feathers!​

Quote:
I can't come to the one in June, but I'm sure I'll have extra bantam roos. Probably a few bantam salmon/blue salmon/possibly splash salmon (Pontious line), and also blues and blacks if you want something different. Maybe even a splash but I've only hatched 4, and most look to be pullets. I also have whites but I think they're all going to Dick Boulanger.

Nice! If not the June stock then definitely one of the ones after that!

WOW! neat color on the middle one in the first pic! that dark one in the second will probably be a dark partridge! hummmm i wonder if it will feather in as a silkie or with normal feathers!

MikeS(erama) :

Quote:

Nice! If not the June stock then definitely one of the ones after that!​

You know what salmon favs look like. Here are some of the "other" colors.

Blue hen. Roos will have darker blue hackle/saddle feathers.

13729_blue_hen.jpg

Black roo. Not the best pic of him, but he is very nice.

13729_043011_25.jpg

Splash pullet. This one is more white than the others I've hatched so far. Hope to have more soon since one blue hen is finally cooperating.

13729_043011_04.jpg

Here's a splash salmon roo if you haven't seen one before.

13729_picture_90.jpg

13729_112210_15.jpg

First hatch in the Dickey has started! I pulled out some of the chicks to make room in the hatching tray. Here's the first bunch.

13729_051111_00.jpg

Nice tootsies!

13729_051111_03.jpg

so cute and your incubator is doing better than mine, i have yet to hatch a coronation did get some silkies and some blrw to hatch.
it seems to be running late if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom