Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
omg does that mean that my seramas could be sitting on polish x eggs !!! eeeks that is too funny

i knew you were the right place for her she is sweet and talkative and it was great to see your son walking around with her. it was one of those bitter sweet things, sad to see her go but happy for her too.

Does she eat layer pellets ok, or does she need crumbles? I watched her trying to eat tonight, and it looked like she dropped most if not all of the pellets. My son thinks he saw her eat pellets, and said her crop was full after. I did make sure the trough part of the feeder was full for her.

Quote:
i had silkie eggs with me today, got to figure out a better way to advertise them there didnt want them in the sun but then no one knows they are there

Hmmm maybe I could get silkie AND BLRW eggs!
wink.png
But my bator still isn't here!!
somad.gif
sad.png

glad to hear that everyone had a great day down there today! i wish i could have made it but i had a decent day with my yard sale! we made about $100 and i was able to rehome a trio of cochins! one less rooster in the coop! yippie! but i'm sort of sad to see them go.

Keesmom! i have wonderful news about your 2 pullets i got a few weeks ago! the black girl started laying eggs about 5 days ago and has given me 4 eggs so far that i have been able to find! Splashy i had outside with me today while i was relaxing between 'visitors' and i had her soooo relaxed! i had just spoken with someone about an hour before about how some breeds could start laying eggs as early as 4 months or some could take up to a year! well, could you guess what happened with Splashy?! she started stressing and then i realized she was pushing out an egg while i was holding her! i was like a birthing coach telling her 'she could do it! you're doing great!' then out popped this tiny brown egg!!!! she was tired after all that and just took a nap in my lap till some friends came by!

here's hoping i can make it down for the next swap! any idea yet when that one might be?

Quote:
i had silkie eggs with me today, got to figure out a better way to advertise them there didnt want them in the sun but then no one knows they are there

wink.png
somad.gif
sad.png

thats fine, i will collect and soon your incubator will be up and ready

Quote:
wink.png
somad.gif
sad.png

Yay!
celebrate.gif
(I would want 8 blr and 4 silkie if that's possible
smile.png
) My sister would like to know what color your silkies are hahaha
Maybe I should PM you....
Oh and of course thank you to Shay and Jose for hosting!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Well, after a lot of arranging and rearranging I got all the egg into my brinsea... Lol the thing is stocked to the max. I fired up my LG (though I hate the thing sooo I'm testing to see if I can get my Cochin or my silkie to go broody for me with our eating eggs lol) so that I could keep my faverolle silkie mix eggs going and as a hatcher so I can continue to incubate the turkey eggs.

Beth, thank you again for the Araucana eggs! been dying to hatch some of these guys out and with the eBay bantam araucanas not working out it'll be great to try some LF! Lol I'll definitely keep you up to date on their progress!

Thanks Shay and Jose!! Had a great time and my chickens sold to chickens bought chicken-math turned out great! Got the polish I wanted and they're exceptionally sweet birds. (Thanks Corey!) Awaesome day! Thanks so much!

Quote:
omg does that mean that my seramas could be sitting on polish x eggs !!! eeeks that is too funny

i knew you were the right place for her she is sweet and talkative and it was great to see your son walking around with her. it was one of those bitter sweet things, sad to see her go but happy for her too.

Does she eat layer pellets ok, or does she need crumbles? I watched her trying to eat tonight, and it looked like she dropped most if not all of the pellets. My son thinks he saw her eat pellets, and said her crop was full after. I did make sure the trough part of the feeder was full for her.

she ate layer pellets here

Quote:

Yay!
celebrate.gif
(I would want 8 blr and 4 silkie if that's possible
smile.png
) My sister would like to know what color your silkies are hahaha
Maybe I should PM you....
Oh and of course thank you to Shay and Jose for hosting!
thumbsup.gif

thats fine

my silkies are splash

Thank you Shay and Jose for a wonderful show! It was great to meet so many of the folks I see on the forums. my daughter and I got the silkie she wanted, and a cochin/silkie that we both fell in love with. Still looking for a blrw pullet if anyone knows of any.

Thanks again, I look forward to the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom