Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shay, the Maranaucana (yes i am officially calling it that now
tongue.png
) is the best thing ever! She followed me the day after I got her! She also falls asleep in about .03 secs when I'm holding her. The red is a bit nervous, but makes for a laugh when she tries to fit her whole big self under the 7 week old silkie to "hide"
lau.gif
. I can't wait to see what "Sweet Pea" (the X)looks like when she is older, and see what eggs she gives!

Oh and the 2 orps we got (think those were from corey?) have officially been adopted by my youngest brother. "Susie and Rosie" are absolutely doted on every day by a 6 y/o. Too cute!

Last edited:
I have one of Shay's marancaunas, too! She's lovely- like a little pearl. My kids adore her and we can't wait to see what color eggs she lays. Love the new breed name.......

I hope everyone and all their birds are staying cool enough in this heat! Supposed to reach mid-90's here in NH. I'm spending hours just running around making sure all my birds have nice cool fresh water, and access to enough shade! I even sprayed water on the ground to make mud for my young layers to cool off in---they love it! LOL My newly hatched ducklings and the turkey babies i hatched for a friend hardly even need an incandescent light for warmth---my house is nearly warm enough without!
tongue.png
I don't have a/c hooked up yet, this is early for so hot. I'm thinking it's a good day to get the hose out and wash my house siding---I'm gonna get wet doing it.
smile.png

Quote:
I hope the cool air that came in down here in coastal Mass. has reached your part of NH! It's raining and 60!!!
How many ducklings did you hatch? Are they coming to the Chickenstock next month (she asked hopefully)?
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom