Chickenstock fiesta yardsale August 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I finally got some true Arucana- I have one rumpless tufted and one rumpless....I call them my litte dinosaurs, soooo funny looking. I LOVE them!
love.gif

Look at my shamo roo...talk about prehistoric looking! LOL he is 4 months old and about 18" tall so far. He should get to about 36" tall.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/17950_p8220456.jpg

Here is his baby picture at 2 weeks old..look how tall he was already!
17950_p5220052.jpg

Quote:
gig.gif

I finally got some true Arucana- I have one rumpless tufted and one rumpless....I call them my litte dinosaurs, soooo funny looking. I LOVE them!
love.gif

That's awesome! I've not had much luck this year. Where did you get yours? I'm so afraid to have live chicks/pullets shipped, but I've had horrible luck with eggs.

Just out of curiosity...what is everyone doing for this storm? I brought my babies in, but am leaving everyone else outside...we strapped down our small coop with tie-downs but if the ground gets too wet, I am afraid they won't hold...Kept eveyone in this morning and just fed and watered inside the coop. Stay safe, everyone!

i have a huge 8x16 shed that we turned into the coop and i added a run that is roughly the same size. we have had some tree damage around it in the past few years we've lived here but so far nothing serious to make me worry. the most damage has been to the run and the top netting, the coop is usually not affected.

with the storm downgraded i am now not so worried about moving my birds up to their winter/rooster coop in the back corner of my garage. i'm just going to keep an eye on the weather and watch/listed for the wind gusts. the coop is raised up high enough that even flooding shouldn't be an issue if it were ever to happen.
roll.png
i made sure their feed dish was very full this morning and there was an extra water dish just in case i couldn't get out there to check them later.

for the future with mobile coops or those that are tall and not anchored to the ground it might be a goo ides to invest in a few of those steel rods they sell at Lowe's or Home Depot and sink them into the ground in one area as a tie down location for storms like this.

Quote:
love.gif

That's awesome! I've not had much luck this year. Where did you get yours? I'm so afraid to have live chicks/pullets shipped, but I've had horrible luck with eggs.

Shipped from ebay- I actually had good hatch with shipped eggs... I was sooo excited to get them and that they actually hatched.

we locked in most of the birds, i cant find 2 turkey poults though since yesterday, and 1 guinee was out , we locked in the gaots and sheep, brought the 2 horses down to a freinds barn down teh road.

Quote:
Look at my shamo roo...talk about prehistoric looking! LOL he is 4 months old and about 18" tall so far. He should get to about 36" tall.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/17950_p8220456.jpg

Oh I would love some of those!!

Do a lot of research on them first. They are said to be very aggressive, but so far I have had no problems and the shamo people I have been talking too dont believe it.

anyone interested in a lavender bantam cochin? i have a 3 week old that is definitely a cockerel. sweet one too but i don't need any more boys in my coop and i am hoping to set up a good home for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom