chickentalk

mxpres

Songster
11 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Lenoir,NC
Everyday when I gather my eggs I alwas toss my hens a smidgen of scratch feed to move them away from the door,How many of you have sat and listened to the sounds they make while pecking away at the scratch feed?Kinda like a purr and a coo,as if they are saying,,here is a tasty chunk.or hmmmmm, this tastes great,For those that have never heard this,take time to set and listen to your birds sometimes,I guarantee it will make your problems seem less and you will enjoy your chickens more.and its relaxing

Hmmmm. When I toss them some scratch, mine translate into something like this. "Move outta the way," or "no it's mine,move over," or "no no it's mine," or "gimme some," or "quit pickin' on me." Greedy walking stomachs lol. I love it!

thumbsup.gif

We love "chicken TV"...
yippiechickie.gif

I like listening to my chickens even when I haven't tossed them some treats. A couple of them take the time to approach me and tell me chicken tales - gossip, I suppose - before they wander off to do other chickeny things.

I REALLY like to hear Carl the rooster call ladies over for special treats, and then listen to what they have to say about 'em. It starts off something like, 'What!? What? What have you got for me? Where is it? Why is she here, horning in on my treat? Is there enough for all of us? Ooooh! THAT'S a good bug! Omm num num."

Back
Top Bottom